Identify data-driven solutions for health-care systems in positions that are highly sought after in industry. Gain an appreciation of how health systems work locally and abroad, and how applying mathematical, statistical and machine learning techniques make a difference in health organizations.
Tuition and Fees
2021-22: $9,397.39 (entire two years)
- Fees include all mandatory fees: Activity fee, Health & Dental, Student Association fee, Education Technology fee, Development fee.
- All amounts are approximate and are subject to change.
- International students will pay International tuition fees
This two-year post-baccalaureate diploma (60 credit/20 course) is aimed at students with a bachelor degree in any nursing, science, engineering, psychology, business or management program who wish to pursue a career in Health Analytics. Students will receive thorough training in statistics and data science. Term one of this program sets the mathematical and statistical foundation for higher level learning in the health and data science areas. In subsequent terms, students build on, and apply, these foundational skills to a diverse set of areas. While many of the applications have a health focus, the mathematical, statistical, and data science concepts learned are universally applicable to a wide range of disciplines.
At the end of this program students will:
- Understand healthcare systems in a variety of countries including how their history, geography, government and economy and privacy laws impact the healthcare system.
- Evaluate, define and explain data-analytic problems that offer the greatest opportunities for organizational benefits.
- Understand the relevant laws, regulations and standards involved with health data.
- Manage and manipulate data and create data visualizations using a variety of mathematical and statistical software.
- Apply mathematical, statistical and machine learning techniques to support organizational decisions as well as to identify new data driven opportunities.
- Participate in the planning and execution of a data science project culminating in recommendations based on the results of the analysis.
- Health-Care Analyst / Senior Health-Care Analyst
- Health Informatics Data Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- Program Manager Analytics
- Data Solution Architect
- Health Services Manager
- Infection Prevention Manager
Students in the the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Health Analytics come from backgrounds in Computer Science, Health, Math, Statistics and other fields. No matter the background, however, applicants should have interest and skills in Math in order to be successful in the program.
Successful completion of a recognized Bachelor Degree in any science, nursing, engineering, psychology, or management program. A post-secondary basic calculus course, or equivalent, is highly recommended. A keen interest in mathematics and data science is required for this program.
A student who has completed a recognized undergraduate degree in a program different than those listed above may be admitted to the program provided they pass the Okanagan College Basic Algebra Proficiency Test with a minimum score of 20/25 AND the Calculus Readiness Test with a minimum score of 16/25.
Successful completion of the prescribed and elective courses as listed in the program outline with a minimum graduating grade average of 60%.
Join a virtual info session or become a student for a day.
Have your questions answered by an advisor or recruiter.
Take the next step and enrol in a program or course at OC.