What's involved with building a bridge? How do you properly research social issues like homelessness and addiction happening in your community? When we design homes, what needs to change to increase energy efficient and protect the climate? Join us at our events designed to connect you to OC and its programs and its people whereever you are.
Campus Open House
Come to the campus and look around, apply for programs and get your questions answered. We are also there to assist you with the application process, can explain the admission requirements and you may even be able to take in a seminar on College 101 and Returning to Education.
Information sessions are designed to give you an introduction to a program offered at Okanagan College. Meet and interact with our inspiring instructors. Get your questions answered. Hear about the exciting education, training and career paths that await. Some face-to-face while others are all virtual, so you can Experience OC from anywhere!
Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021 at 6 p.m. (PST)
Gateway to the Building Trades for Women is an exploratory program designed to introduce women to the training and opportunities available to start a career in the trades. Find out how you could participate in the January intake in Kelowna and be starting your career in as little as three months!
Participants learn new skills in carpentry, joinery, plumbing, electrical and more. They are also given the opportunity to develop professional skills to help secure and maintain employment.
No pre-requisites. Sponsored spots available.
Salmon Arm, Tuesday, Oct. 26, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
It’s never been easier to explore OC! Speak with advisors and get your questions answered. Chat with professors and instructors to learn about your programs of interest at the Program Spotlight Sessions and booths. Learn about all the services and supports available to you at OC.
By attending OC’s Open House, you are eligible to enter a draw for a $500 tuition credit donated by the Salmon Arm Scholarship Fund. In addition, OC will waive your application fee.
Curious about welding? Come out and have fun by challenging your friends and/or family and experience welding with our VR simulator!
Vernon, Tuesday, Nov. 2, 6 - 8 p.m.
Discover what is available at Okanagan College at the Program Fair in the Kal View Café. Spotlight Sessions held around campus. Apply for any program and the application fee will be waived.
Spotlights from 6:15 – 6:45 p.m.:
• Applied Bachelor of Arts – Room D314
• Business – Room D212
• Esthetics and Nail Tech – Room E212
• Gateway to Tech – D345
• Trades – Room D221
Spotlights from 7 – 7:30 p.m.:
• University Transfer Arts and Science – Lecture Theatre Room D310
• Education Assistant/Nursing Unit Assistant – D343
• Engineering Technologies – Room C344
• Health – Room D223
Vernon, Monday, Nov. 8, 6:30 p.m.
Learn the top 15 points that parents and students should know before starting post-secondary. Lecture Theatre D310. Registration with email@example.com.
• Understanding post-secondary options, terminology and processes
• Accessing scholarships, bursaries and awards
• How to apply for student loans
• Dual credit and concurrent enrolment options
• Transferring within B.C.
• The application process – how it works at Okanagan College
• Making the most of the services available
• Time for questions and answers
Penticton, Thursday, Nov. 4, 6 - 8 p.m.
Discover what is available at Okanagan College at the Penticton campus Open House and Spotlight Sessions. Drop by the Centre of Excellence to attend a Spotlight Session, meet with staff members during the Open House, and apply to any program with a waived application fee.
Spotlight Sessions: 6:15 - 6:45 p.m.
- Business – Room PC 133
- Science (University Transfer) – Room PC 129
- Trades – Room PC 124
- Arts (Applied Bachelor of Arts) – Room PC 130
- Upgrading / Adult Academic and Career preparation – PC 119
Spotlight Sessions: 7 - 7:30 p.m.
- Sustainable Building Technology – Room PC 133
- Kinesiology – Room PC 129
- Arts (University Transfer) – Room PC 130
- Science (Check your birth sign) – PE C11
Trades Talk Tuesdays 2.0 are hosted every Tuesday this fall and are designed for people who are interested in learning more about trades training opportunities at the Kelowna, Vernon, Salmon Arm and Penticton campuses.
During these 30-minute live-streamed events, different trades programs will be covered, giving you the tools to start your next career.
Sign up for updates
Stay tuned for more
The series of sessions runs through to April. As more sessions are finalized, the schedule will grow -- and could cover off a subject area you are interested in! Sign up for updates and we will contact you when new sessions are added.
Missed a session? Watch the video recording
- Commercial Aviation Diploma - Experience OC Session - Mar. 2021
- Creating Innovative Ideas Using Design Thinking - Experience OC Session - April 2021
- It Knows When You are Sleeping, It Knows When You're Awake - Experience OC Session - May 2021
- Your Most Powerful Marketing Tool - Experience OC Session - April 2021
- Aboriginal Community Support Worker Certificate - Info Session - April 2021
- Advanced GIS Certificate - Info Session - Oct. 2020
- Audio Engineering and Music Production Certificate - Info Session - April 2021
- AutoCAD Skills Certificate Program - Info Session - Sep. 2020
- AutoCAD Skills Certificate Program - Info Session presentation slides - Sep. 2020
- Education Assistant Certificate - Info Session - Aug. 2020
- Education Assistant Certificate - Info Session slides (pdf) - Oct. 2020
- Esthetics and Nail Tech Certificate - Info Session - Mar. 2021
- Landscape Horticulture Certificate - Info Session - April 2021
- Medical Office Assistant - Info Session - Mar. 2021
- Nursing Unit Assistant Certificate - Info Session - Mar. 2021
- PeriAnesthesia & Gastroenterology Nursing Certificates - Info Session - April 2021
Learn about programs and courses at OC.
Have your questions answered by an advisor or recruiter.
Take the next step and enrol in a program or course at OC.