The International Education team hosts a series of sessions that have been prepared to provide you with the most information to make sure new students have a successful start to their semester. The sessions are intended to help you navigate and understand how everything works at the College and to make you feel like a welcome part of the College community.
Attendance to all sessions is MANDATORY for all new international students. Please make sure you are registered for these events. Contact us for more information.
Pre-arrival Info Session for International Students
Date: Wednesday, July 27 ( This session is completed )
This info session is designed to make sure you are informed of all the steps relating to registration, medical insurance, up-to-date travel requirements, and more prior to arriving to Canada. Please note that this session does not replace the main International Student Orientation days listed next.
Virtual International Student Orientation
Date: Wednesday, August 17 and Thursday, August 18 - Time: 8:30 AM, PDT
Attending both days of this Virtual International Student Orientation is mandatory. These sessions will cover essential information to ensure a smooth transition at OC and living in Canada.
• The registration link will be sent to new international students to their preferred email about 1 month beforehand.
• New international students from all campuses will join.
The following topics are covered:
• course registration information
• myOkanagan and Moodle
• immigration advising
• academic success strategies
• Canadian classroom culture
• campus services & community resources
• meet the International Education staff team, faculty, and college supports
• meet other students and have fun!
Campus Specific In-Person Orientation for International Students
Date: Friday, September 2, for Kelowna, Penticton, and Vernon Campus
Date: Tuesday, August 30 for Salmon Arm Campus
This orientation day is designed to welcome you to your specific campus and provide practical information to assist you with settling in your city.
New Student Useful Links
- Register and attend the Virtual International Student Orientation
- Pay your tuition and fees before the deadline
- Purchase early arrival medical insurance – www.guard.me/oc
- Submit your travel plan to the International Office Team
- Complete Moodle Modules ‘OC 101’ and ‘OC Ready’
- Register for your International Campus Specific In-person Orientation
- Attend the International Campus Specific In-person Orientation
- Join the OC Campus Wide Orientation at your campuses.
- Apply for OC student ID card
- Apply for your BC Medical
- Download the Okanagan College app
- Check out your Campus Map to find your classrooms