Welcome to Careers Hub at Okanagan College
Careers Hub is where Okanagan College trained talent and community partners intersect to build key connections and valuable employment relationships.
Careers Hub facilitates pathways for Okanagan College students and alumni to connect with employment and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities, and provides the opportunity for valued community partners to hire and make direct connections with OC students.
Students can easily engage with this user friendly, digital platform to find employment and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities, connect with professional networks, apply for jobs, develop personal career readiness documents and track job applications; all in one place!
Valued employers and community partners can utilize this platform to post student and alumni employment opportunities and effortlessly tap into a diverse pool of highly skilled individuals by posting Co-op, Graduate, Full-Time, Part-Time, Indigenous Internship, Apprenticeship, Seasonal/Temporary and Volunteer opportunities. Enjoy Careers Hub features to manage applicants, arrange interviews, and find more ways to be involved in Careers Fairs and other on-campus recruitment activities.
Accessing Careers Hub
For all current Okanagan College students and recent Alumni
Engage with Careers Hub for job search, Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Co-op program applications, employment readiness, resume package documentation development, networking, career related events and more.
- Log into your myOkanagan portal from your mobile phone or laptop, click on the Careers Hub link under the My Programs heading, and be immediately directed to your Careers Hub landing page. No registration required.
- Use your Okanagan College Single Sign-on (SSO) to access to Careers Hub from your myOkanagan account will alleviate the requirement to log-in separately to Careers Hub, make sure your myOkanagan account SSO is activated, and you are ready to use Careers Hub to its full potential.
- If you require assistance with Okanagan College SSO please contact IT Services Helpdesk.
Access Careers Hub and share your opportunities
Easily post an employment opportunity to reach up to fourteen thousand Okanagan College students.
Register for an account, employer accounts will be approved within 1-2 business days.
Additional staff wishing to use Careers Hub can self-register as a contact and connect themselves to your organization.
Post your employment opportunity with all pertinent information such as description of duties, qualifications, deadline to apply, and method of application.
Once your posting has been approved by Careers Hub staff, you will receive a confirmation email.
Once your posting has been approved it will remain online for the duration selected. You can re-post the job, mark it as filled and even indicate the student you have hired.
How to register for Careers Hub for Alumni prior to 2019
Join Careers Hub to find employers looking for the valuable practical and academic skills you have developed through training at OC.
We have imported alumni from the last few years, log into your myOkanagan to try accessing the Careers Hub link. Make sure you configure your Okanagan College Single Sign-on (SSO) if you have not logged in since January 2023. If you need myOkanagan password assistance please visit the IT Helpdesk webpage.
If you still cannot get into Careers Hub proceed to step 2.
Click the button below to complete the Careers Hub Alumni access request form
Careers Hub staff will use the information from the form to create a Careers Hub profile, please ensure accurate information is entered into the form.
An email will be sent to verify the account and allow alumni to get started using the Careers Hub.
Student drop-in sessions
Connect with a coordinator to help support your pre-employment journey. We offer twice weekly drop-in sessions to assist you with resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, approaches to networking and job search, or if you want to find out more about co-op and Careers Hub.
Employers please visit our Hire OC page for more details on how to connect with us.
2024 Virtual Drop-in Schedule
Mondays: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Fridays: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Meet with us for:
- Questions about Co-operative (co-op) Education
- Assistance using Careers Hub
- Questions about your resume and cover letter
- Job search strategies
- Preparing for interviews
- Using your LinkedIn profile to its full potential
- Other pre-employment issues you may be experiencing
Virtual Drop-in Information
Drop-ins are for 10 minutes per student
You will arrive in the waiting room, and when the coordinator is available, they will admit you.
Your wait time will depend on how many students are in the waiting room. Where possible, additional coordinators will be added into private breakout rooms to ease wait times.
These drop-in sessions are available for Okanagan College students and recent graduates only. You will be asked to provide your name, student ID and program information. No registration required; just use the join link.
- Sign in to your myOkanagan account using your Okanagan College student login credentials. You will then be prompted to enter the code displayed in the multi authenticator app on your mobile device. Enter the code and select "Verify."
- Once you have successfully signed into your myOkanagan, navigate to "My Useful Links” and select "Careers Hub." You will then be redirected to the Careers Hub Sign-in page. Select "Current Students: Single Sign-On" and now you are in your Careers Hub account.
- Click on "Get Started" to begin your profile setup. From there you will complete the following: what types of jobs you are looking for, where would you like to work, which industries are you interested in, which job functions are you interested in and where have you worked previously.
- After completing the questionnaire, you will be located at your Careers Hub dashboard.
Careers Hub allows you to build your personal brand and professionally present yourself to employers, community partners and recruiters. Create and build a personal profile by clicking on "Profile" on the top navigation bar. Select the "Personal Information" tab to update your contact information including your email address. Select the "Academic Information" tab to update your year of study, program and year of graduation.
- Add a professional profile picture by selecting “Edit Profile Photo.”
- Add and personalize your professional experience by selecting “Add Experience” to include your previous work, co-op or internships and describe key roles that you played in those roles.
- Add a “Personal Statement” to describe the unique value you bring to the organizations and people you work with.
- Add “Organizations and Activities” to showcase your participation in on-campus or external clubs and organizations to highlight your contributions outside of your studies.
- Add your resume by selecting “Resume.”
- Customize your “Contact” information and link to other professional networking sites.
- Last step is to push the "Publish" toggle to the right to publish your page to allow recruiters and employers to find you.
- On your Careers Hub dashboard, click on "Jobs" on the top navigation bar.
- Use the "Search" bar to search for a specific job title; otherwise all the available jobs will be posted in reverse chronological order on the left-hand side.
- Within the Jobs window you will have the option to search for jobs, review your saved jobs, view your applications, and view expired jobs.
To apply to the job posting, select the “Apply” red button and proceed with the application. When reviewing the job posting you are interested in, carefully review the following: “Job Description”, “Attachments”, “Additional Job Details” (Location, Position Type, etc.), “Application Deadline”, and “About this Employer”. You can select “Follow” or select “View Full Profile” to learn more about the organization. To apply to the job posting, select the “Apply” red button and proceed with the application instructions under “How To Apply” and make sure to submit the requested documents for the job posting.
There is no cost to register for Careers Hub and utilize all the features of this innovative web-based student recruitment tool.
Yes, Careers Hub allows for multiple contacts under one organization. Each staff member of the organization would create their own profile and password. For example, anyone on a Talent Acquisition or Human Resource team who would regularly post opportunities into the Careers Hub platform would have their own access and account eliminating the need to cross share.
To register for an account, navigate to the Careers Hub Sign In portal. You will be prompted to select what type of user you wish to sign in as, select the "Employer" button. From there you will be directed to the Sign In/Signing Up page, select "Sign Up." Complete the required fields on the registration form and select which services you wish to register for; "Job Postings", "Edit Profile" & "Information Sessions." Complete the required fields on the registration form and click "Submit." Employer accounts will be approved within one to two business days.
Once your account has been approved you will receive a Welcome to Careers Hub email. The email will include your Username and a link to create your Password. Click on "Set yourPassword." Once you have set your password, navigate to the Careers Hub sign-in portal and click on "Employer". Enter your Username and Password and click "Sign-In."
To review and update your Employer Profile, select "Employer Profile" on the left-hand side of your Careers Hub dashboard. You will be able to edit the following sections: “Basic” (overview, industry, type or organization and number of employees), “Brand and Culture” (company logo, header image, and videos), “Website and Social Media” (employer website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), and “Location” (full address of the organization).
On the left-hand side of your Careers Hub dashboard click on “Jobs” > “Job Postings.” Under "Job Postings (non-OCR)" click on “Post a Job.” Complete the job posting form and please ensure all the required fields are completed for your job posting. If you do not have all the required information and need to finish the job posting later, you can select "Save And Finish Later." When you are finished completing the job posting you can either select "Submit" at the top or bottom of the job posting. After completing and submitting your co-op job posting, you will be notified via email when your job posting has been approved and published on Careers Hub.
OC Employees FAQs
Work-Integrated learning is a form of curricular experiential education that formally integrates a student's academic studies with quality experiences within a workplace or practice setting. WIL experiences include an engaged partnership of at least: an academic institution, a host organization, and a student.
The Traditional models of work integrated learning are the following:
• Applied Research Projects
• Co-operative Education (co-op alternating and co-op internship models)
• Field Placement
• Mandatory Professional Practicum/Clinical Placement
• Service Learning
• Work Experience
To learn more about the nine types of WIL and which would be best for your curriculum and students we encourage you to visit the CEWIL Resource Hub.
The team at Careers Hub is excited to discuss incorporating and implementing WIL with the on-going roll out of Careers Hub. Connect with one of our Careers Hub Coordinators by emailing email@example.com.
If you would like to view what students and employers see in Careers Hub, check out the FAQ's and Videos or attend one of our upcoming Careers Hub info sessions for staff which will be posted on our Events page.
Annual Careers Expo & Employment Fair
2024 Careers Expo & Employment Fair
Registration is now open for the Annual Careers Expo & Employment Fair, Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at Okanagan College, KLO Kelowna campus.
The Careers Expo & Employment Fair is a premier event that provides a unique event for employers to connect with Okanagan College's talented and motivated students and alumni, in addition to community job seekers.
By participating, your organization will have the opportunity to:
- Showcase your company's mission, values, and career opportunities
- Network with potential candidates and identify top talent
- Share co-op and other work integrated learning opportunities; as well as part-time, full-time, or volunteer job openings
- Raise brand awareness amongst the student community
This event provides an excellent opportunity to engage with OC students from diverse training backgrounds who possess a wide range of skills and expertise in a variety of fields; find the perfect candidates to join your team. Seize this opportunity to position your company at the forefront of Okanagan College's Annual Careers Expo & Employment Fair.
on Instagram @OCCareersHub
on LinkedIn @ Okanagan College Careers Hub
and on Facebook @OCCareersHub
For enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a specific staff member below.
On campus Careers Hub appointments are located in Portable 1, across from the Centre for Learning.