Welcome to the Testing Centre
The Kelowna Testing Centre is now open and offering exams at limited capacity, strictly following COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Please click the “Book Now” button below for:
- Okanagan College Math entrance exams
- Continuing Studies entrance exams
- External exams for other institutions and industry
- Online Typing Tests – Typing tests can now be written at home. A computer with a webcam is required..
The testing room is located on the second floor in Building C - Lab Building. Please wait at the Test Centre entrance (identified by a red arrow on this map) beside Building C- Lab Building where you will be greeted by an OC employee.
Test-takers are required to bring and wear a personal face covering (disposable or cloth) at all times while inside the building.
The Kelowna Testing Centre specializes in:
- Hosting exams for other institutions and agencies
- Continuing Studies exams
- OC entrance tests (Math proficiency tests for admission and Continuing Studies entrance tests)
- Typing tests
Schedule your test centre exam
Please click below to schedule your exam at the Kelowna Testing Centre:
Exams up to 3.5 hours in length - $75 plus GST
CILISAT Exam - $239.40 plus GST
Typing tests - $25 plus GST
Please note that there is no charge for Okanagan College exams (Math and Typing Entrance Tests, online Office Administration exams, Continuing Studies exams)
The testing room is located on the second floor in Building C - Lab Building. On the date/time of your booking, please wait at the Test Centre entrance (identified by a red arrow on this map) beside Building C- Lab Building where you will be greeted by an OC employee.
No, your invigilator will assign you a seat.
Yes, all exams require an appointment, there are no walk-ins. To book your exam, use the above "Book Now" button.
Yes, you will be assigned a locker and key when you check in for your examination.
You should arrive 15 minutes early for your examination. Some exams may require you to arrive earlier (i.e., CELPIP and CAEL).
Only government issued photo identification is acceptable. Some examples are:
- Driver's License
- Okanagan College Student ID (Okanagan College exams only)
- BC Services Card
- BC Identification Card (BCID)
**All Identification must be original and unexpired. Photocopied documents will not be accepted.**
Please see the above fee section.
Testing candidates are responsible to show up for their examinations on time. Candidates will not be compensated for any time lost due to late arrival. If a candidate arrives more than 30 minutes late for their exam, they will not be granted entrance into the examination room and will not be entitled to a refund.
In some circumstances, testing candidates will be refused entry in to the testing room if they are less than 30 minutes late (i.e., CELPIP, CAEL). The candidate will then be required to contact their institution directly to reschedule.
- Confirm with your institution that the Okanagan College Testing Centre is an acceptable place to write your exam.
- Book your exam using the above "Book Now" button.
- Send any paperwork needing to be completed by Okanagan College (proctor forms etc.) to email@example.com. Once we see that you have booked your exam, we will complete these forms and send them back to you. It is then your responsibility to ensure your home insitution receives this documentation. It is the student's responsibility to ensure Okanagan College receives their exam at least 2 business days before the scheduled exam date.
- After you have written your exam, we will promptly return it to your home institution in the manner they have asked.
Cancellations are approved only for extenuating circumstances.
Rescheduling of exams may be possible (based on extenuating circumstances) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before your scheduled exam.
Only authorized items are permitted in the testing room. This includes Government photo identification and any other items specifically permitted by your institution. Under no circumstances are personal items permitted in the testing room. This includes but is not limited to cell phones, watches, and other electronic devices, hats, and food and beverages.
The Testing Centre offers typing tests for members of the community who are required to provide typing results for employment purposes. We also accommodate external students taking typing tests for admission into programs at other post-secondary institutions.
Students may write the following diagnostic tests in the Kelowna Testing Centre to meet admission requirements for specific Okanagan College courses or programs. Check here for specific course and program requirements.
- Basic Algebra Proficiency Test
- Calculus Readiness Test
- Business Math Proficiency Test (formerly MDT)
- Math 11 Proficiency Test
- Math 12 Proficiency Test
Test Taking Process:
- Download a copy of the appropriate practice test above.
- When you feel you are ready to write the test, you can book a time by clicking the "Book Now" button found at this link: www.okanagan.bc.ca/testingcentre . All tests are by appointment only.
- On the day of the test, arrive on time and with pen/pencil, photo identification and a calculator (if permitted).
- The Testing Centre will provide Admissions with your test results.
If you wish to schedule a Math Proficiency test and you live outside of the Okanagan College region, please contact email@example.com for instructions.
The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is the only Canadian English language test designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The test allows you to demonstrate your ability to function in English, and accurately assesses your English abilities in a variety of everyday situations.
The CELPIP Test comes in two versions, including the CELPIP-General Test for applicants for permanent resident status in Canada and the CELPIP-General LS (Listening and Speaking only) Test for applicants for Canadian citizenship.
Why Choose CELPIP?
Fully Computer Delivered
The CELPIP Test is fully computer delivered, letting you complete it in one sitting, with no extra speaking appointments or interviews, providing you with a quick and reliable testing experience. CELPIP test takers use a computer mouse and keyboard to complete the Reading and Writing parts of the test, and a computer microphone and headset to complete the Listening and Speaking components of the test.
Quick Online Results
The results of the CELPIP Test are available online in just eight business days. You can also choose to add Express Rating, so that your score is available online in only three business days.
Uses Canadian Accents
The CELPIP Test is 100% Canadian, and uses Canadian accents. Test takers who have been living and working in Canada will better understand and relate to the Canadian accents used in the CELPIP Test.
Watch a Free CELPIP Information Session.
Take your CELPIP Test at Okanagan College.
Register for your CELPIP Test at Okanagan College today.
Test Preparation Resources
To help you prepare for your CELPIP Test, there are a variety of official CELPIP instructional products available. These products include:
What is CAEL?
CAEL is an important part of your journey to study in Canada. The test measures your ability to use and understand English at an academic level.
CAEL Prepares You for Success in Canada
CAEL is the only test that provides a truly authentic representation of language use in a Canadian academic context. It evaluates how well you combine your English skills to perform academic tasks that you would encounter in your first-year at a Canadian university or college.
CAEL is Made by Experts in Canada
In June 2015 Paragon Testing Enterprises, a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia (UBC), acquired CAEL from Carleton University. Since Paragon acquired CAEL, the test was reviewed and a computerized version was released in September 2017 called CAEL CE, where CE stands for Computer Edition.
CAEL is Trusted by Academic Institutions Across Canada
Currently more than 185 Canadian universities and colleges accept CAEL as evidence of English language proficiency for admission to their academic programs. A list of these accepting institutions appears on the CAEL website at CAEL.CA.
CAEL assesses your English language proficiency in an academic context. The test reports scores on four components—Speaking, Reading, Listening, and Writing. You will complete a range of tasks. Some of these tasks will require you to use what you have read and listened to in order to answer a question in Speaking or Writing. Learn more about the test format at CAEL.CA.
Paragon offers a wide range of CAEL preparation and study materials for test takers at CAEL.CA/STUDYMATERIALS. These products and services include sample tests, practice tests, Ebooks, paperback books, workshops, and more!
Take CAEL at Okanagan College! Register at CAEL.CA today!
The CILISAT will assess your language and interpretation skills through the following tests:
- Interpretation from English into selected CILISAT language
- Interpretation from selected CILISAT language into English
- Sight translation from English into selected CILISAT language
- Sight translation from selected CILISAT language into English
To achieve certification, you must score 75% or better. All tests are marked by independent markers.
For more information visit http://www.cisoc.net/en/cilisat.