Web accessibility and usability
Okanagan College is committed to ensuring that our website is accessible and usable for everyone. To meet this commitment, OC has designed the website to meet WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 AA standard with exception of video captions and pdf downloads.
Accessibility and usability is an ongoing process. College Relations has provide training to content editors in order to adhere to these standards and will continue to improve accessibility and usability across all pages of the website.
There are a variety of ways our users rely on web accessibility and usability. These include but are not limited to:
- screen readers for visual impairments
- images that include "alt text" for visual impairments
- closed-captioning on videos for hearing impairments (not all videos have captions at this time)
- pages that are navigable by keyboard for users who may not be able to operate a mouse
- readability for users with learning disabilities or English language barriers