It's the Place to Live...
Nestled in the mountains of the scenic Okanagan Valley, Okanagan College Student Housing offers you furnished, non-smoking accommodations at the Kelowna campus. The housing is located only steps away from classrooms, libraries, recreational and fitness facilities, and food services.
Public bus service connects you to local beaches, recreation areas, downtown, the airport, and shopping districts within the city.
It's the Place to Study...
Each room contains a study space with a desk, chair and lamp. A high-speed Internet connection is included with your fees.
A quiet study lounge is available for individual use or for group study. The library is close by and community living makes it easier for you to find a study-buddy.
It's the Place to Play...
Housing Life gives you a unique experience, combining academics with social, recreational and leadership activities. Organized social events like movie nights, laser tag, BBQs, sports activities and games, offer needed relaxation and an opportunity to meet other students and form friendships that last a lifetime.
You can use on-campus recreation facilities including weight training rooms, beach volleyball courts, and sports fields.
Apply for your spot in student housing.
Due to the length of our current wait-list, we are no longer accepting housing applications for September 2023. Please see the off-campus housing links for more options.
22 Pods (110 beds available)
A great place to make life long friends! Each student has a private locking bedroom in a five-bedroom apartment. The five students share a common kitchen, equipped with an oven, microwave, two fridges and table and chairs. The students share two bathrooms between them with stall showers in both. All of our rooms include Shaw High Speed Internet, a bed, dresser, computer desk and chair. A desk lamp and notice board are also provided for convenience.
Fall 2023 Pod cost: $2,305/semester
Security deposit: $250
Private Studio Suites
32 Rooms Available
For students looking for a more private option our studio suites include a small kitchen with a two-burner stove, fridge, sink and microwave. They also include a private bathroom with a stall shower. The living area includes a bed, dresser and computer desk with a lamp, notice board and desk chair. All of our suites also include Shaw High Speed Internet and air conditioning.
Fall 2023 Studio cost: $2,805/semester
Security deposit: $250
Facilities in Skaha Place
- Multi purpose room - movie nights, potluck and BBQ dinners
- TV lounges with cable and DVD players
- Quiet study lounges
- Games room
- Card operated laundry facilities
- Bicycle storage
- Vending machines
- Heat, light and water are included in the room rate
- High-speed Internet in every room
- Student Life Coordinator, who ensures students respect the housing policy and maintains building harmony. Also heads the Resident Advisor Team and organizes housing events
- Resident Advisors (RA) are students who live in housing and take on a strong leadership role. They are necessary not only to see that the Community Standards are respected, but also to make each resident’s stay as positive as possible by planning activities and programs designed to enrich housing life. RA's are on duty whenever the Housing Office is closed. If you are assertive, well grounded, and outgoing, an RA position may be for you. When completing your Housing Application, indicate whether you are interested in becoming an RA. You will be contacted by the Housing Office only if an RA position becomes available.
- 24 hours assistance available through RAs and office staff
- Weekend night security
- Access to campus fitness centre
Places to Eat
If you don't feel like cooking, there are many places to eat on campus:
- Infusions Dining Room - beside Cafeteria
- Marmalade Cat Cafe - Trades Building
- Kekuli - Centre for Learning
Within a 10 minute walk:
- Coffee Shops
- Medical Clinic
Within a 10 minute bus ride:
- Downtown pubs, bars, restaurants, shopping
- Shopping malls (Orchard Park Mall and others)
- Hiking and biking trails
Looking for information on housing for international students?
Only full time OC students are eligible to stay in housing from September to April. Non students as well are allowed to stay between May and August.
Basically, all you need to bring is your own bedding and kitchenware. Don’t forget your pillow! You must bring your pots, pans, dishes etc.
Things like candles and incense are considered a fire hazard so they are not allowed.
We ask that you leave your electric guitar and your amp at home. Acoustic guitars and keyboards without amplification are allowed, however other instruments are not suitable for housing.
Regretfully, Fluffy your cat and Tuffy your dog can’t stay here. You can bring your gold fish though!
You can include this request in the “extra comments” section on the housing application form, and we will do our best. We just cannot guarantee you will get it.
All housing rooms have high speed internet access.
Vending machines are located on the second floor for late night cravings!
Laundry facilities are on the second and third floors. They are card operated and cost $1 to wash and $1 to dry. Laundry cards are provided upon your arrival.
Not really. In circumstances where extensive travel is required, we can provide a bedding package.
Mailboxes are located in the housing lobby.
Your room # - 860 KLO Road
Yes, the non refundable application fee is $25 is a processing fee only and does not guarantee you a room.
Your room is confirmed upon receipt of a Housing Confirmation Letter. This letter is mailed in mid May. If you do not receive a letter, do not hesitate to call the housing office and see where you are on the waitlist.
Your rent includes all of your utilities and high speed internet.
Sorry, but there is no meal plan. Grocery stores and restaurants are within a quick walk from housing. Each pod and studio is equipped with a kitchen.
Absolutely! Bedrooms are furnished with a single bed, a desk, chair, dresser, desk lamp, and a window covering. There is not really room for additional furniture so it is not encouraged.
Sorry. We ask that you bring only what you need. You will be glad you did when move out day arrives!
We have a secure bike room. We recommend you bring a bike lock.
A campus wide Parking Permit is required to park in the student housing parking lot. There is a one week grace period at the beginning of each semester. Please see the Parking, Transit and Carpooling page for more parking information.
Fall housing applications open up November 1st of the previous year.
Summer (May - Aug)
- We offer affordable accommodation – great for vacations or team event
- We have 2 TV lounges, games room and 2 laundry rooms
- Call or email for non-student summer rates (250)862-5422 or 1-800-608-3124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We only have accommodation at the Kelowna campus
- Minimum stay is one week