The Learning and Applied Research Unit will be the “go to” support service for Okanagan College employees who want to continuously improve their skills and knowledge about teaching, learning, programming, and applied research.
Learning outcomes for faculty and instructors
- Redesign a course with learning outcomes aligned with assessment/evaluation methods and teaching and learning strategies;
- Use a variety of assessment practices in courses;
- Analyze data gathered from program mapping and alignment activities to make program redesign decisions;
- Design and implement blended learning strategies; and
Expand instructional staff curiosity about teaching and learning.
- Course and program redesign sessions
- Program mapping and gap-analysis activities
- Learning outcomes development
- Formative assessment tools
- Program review self-study support
- Learning series
- Individual and group consultations
Institution-wide events and resources on teaching, learning and applied research
- Annual conferences
- Faculty teaching and learning handbook
- Orientation to teaching and learning strategies
- Support for teaching in blended learning environments
Resources for remote delivery
- Assessment strategies
- Teaching remotely
- Enhancing the Teaching and Learning Experience
- Blackboard Collaborate for Instructors
Remote learning tools for students
- Moodle login for students
- Blackboard for students
Research Innovation Partnership Expo - Changing World, Shared Opportunities
May 4, 2021
RIPE (Research, Innovation and Partnerships Expo) is happening on May 4 from 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. as a virtual event, allowing people from across the region to attend. The event is an opportunity for community members, industry, educators, researchers and students to network and learn how applied research is growing new partnerships and enriching students’ educational experience in the Okanagan.
For more information on the expo including schedule details, workshop descriptions and to register for this free event, please visit www.okanagan.bc.ca/RIPE.
Registration begins March 30, 2021
The education technology resource center provides advice, training and assistance to Okanagan College faculty in all program areas in instructional practices and delivery methods that reflect 'best practices' in the application of technology to teaching, learning and research.
Meet the team
Research Ethics Board
The Research Ethics Board (REB) meets monthly, except in August, to discuss applications for ethical approval relating to research at the Okanagan College.