The Learning and Applied Research Unit will be the “go to” support service for Okanagan College employees who want to continuously improve their skills and knowledge about teaching, learning, programming, and applied research.
Learning outcomes for faculty and instructors
- Redesign a course with learning outcomes aligned with assessment/evaluation methods and teaching and learning strategies;
- Use a variety of assessment practices in courses;
- Analyze data gathered from program mapping and alignment activities to make program redesign decisions;
- Design and implement blended learning strategies; and
Develop an expanded curiosity about learning and teaching.
- Course and program redesign sessions
- Program mapping and gap-analysis activities
- Learning outcomes development
- Formative assessment tools
- Program review self-study support
- Learning series
- Individual and group consultations
Institution-wide events and resources on teaching, learning and applied research
- Annual conferences
- Faculty teaching and learning handbook
- Orientation to teaching and learning strategies
- Support for teaching in blended learning environments
Resources for remote delivery
- Assessment strategies
- Teaching remotely
- Enhancing the Teaching and Learning Experience
- Teaching platforms for faculty and instructors
Remote learning tools for students
- Moodle login for students
- Kaltura for students
Happy New Year from Education Technology!
Moodle 4.1 is now live, and there are a range of resources and training opportunities for…
On Dec. 13, 2023, the Beyond the Four Walls - Taking Teaching and Learning Outdoors workshop was offered at OC's Kelowna campus for a small…
Meet the team
Research Ethics Board
The Research Ethics Board (REB) meets monthly, except in August, to discuss applications for ethical approval relating to research at the Okanagan College.