Course registration for the Summer 2023 term began on March 6, through the Self-service option in myOkanagan. The new system features significant enhancements that improve the student experience. If you are having technical issues with myOkanagan or Self-service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your patience is appreciated as staff address a high volume of inquiries; thank you in advance for your understanding.
How to register
Once you have been accepted into your program you may need to register into your courses online through your myOkanagan account.
1. Do I need to register myself?
Students in the programs listed below must register themselves. If you are in a different program than those listed below, OC will automatically register you into your courses and we will send you your schedule and invoice via email. You can also view your registration on your myOkanagan account (Student page> My Week-at-a-Glance Schedule).
2. Build your schedule in Plan Ahead
The 'Plan Ahead' option in Banner Self-service allows you to build your schedule before your registration date. Once your registration window opens, you can register some or all of your courses directly from your plan. Learn more about Plan Ahead.
3. Find your registration time (time ticket)
Your registration time is when you can begin registering (find out more here). Indicated below are registration dates that give you an indication after which date your registration time will be. Find out more below.
4. Register in Self-service (accessed through myOkanagan)
Your time has come to register. We recommend you take advantage of the Plan Ahead functionality for ease of registration.
5. Waitlisted in a course?
More information on how the waitlisting process works at Okanagan College can be found here.
Which way do you register?
- Arts & Science University Studies (includes Arts and Science Diplomas)
- Business Administration
- Business Post-Baccalaureates
- Computer Information Systems (Years 2-4)
- Culinary Management Diploma (Business and wine courses)
- Infrastructure and Computing Technology (Year 2)
- Adult Upgrading (ABE) advanced level (Grade 11 and 12)
- Adult Basic Education: fundamental, intermediate and some advanced levels
- English as a Second Language
Web registration for electives
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Year 1 and 2)
- Business courses for Culinary Management
- Commercial Aviation
- Human Service Work
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Health Analytics
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Marketing and Data Analytics
- Therapist Assistant
How to build your schedule (Plan Ahead)
What is Plan Ahead
The 'Plan Ahead' option in Banner Self-service allows you to build your schedule before your registration date. Once your registration window opens, you can register some or all of your courses directly from your plan.
This feature allows students to browse the class schedule, select classes, and save the plan for upcoming registration. You can save up to five plans.
Important note: Creating a plan does not check for holds, prerequisites, co-requisites, or anything that might prevent registration.
Where do I find Plan Ahead?
- Login to myOkanagan
- Under My Program, click on Registration. This will open Banner Self-service in another window.
- In the Registration section, click on Plan Ahead.
Your registration time
Your exact day and time (registration time/time ticket/registration appointment) when you can start registering will be posted in Self-service. Access your time ticket by logging into myOkanagan. Click on Prepare for Registration and your time ticket will be displayed in the Registration Status window.
You may register for courses anytime after your registration time.
Your registration dates will fall between these dates. See below this section for more about your exact registration time.
The following dates are subject to change. Please check regularly for the most up to date registration dates.
Last Updated: March 3, 2023
Academic web registered programs
The following dates apply to all programs that offer web registration.
** Restrictions may apply for some programs
|Begins March 6, 2023|
Adult Upgrading (ABE) Registration
Only Grade 11 and 12 ABE courses are open for web registration on or after July 6. Students will be emailed a registration appointment time and can register anytime after that date and time.
Courses at level 80 and below must register in person at any campus or by email to email@example.com based on submitted transcripts and/or skills assessment results. Registration will open on or after the dates listed below.
|Kelowna/Penticton/Salmon Arm Continuing Students||July 5, 2023|
|Kelowna/Penticton/Salmon Arm New Students||
July 10, 2022
|Vernon Continuing & New Students||August 30 & August 31, 2022 by appointment only|
|All Campuses Continuing & New Students||November 6, 2022|
|Continuing Students||July 5, 2023|
|New Students||July 10, 2023|
|All Campuses Continuing Students||October 5, 2023|
|New Students||October 19, 2023|
You tried to register for a course and it's full. What happens next? You may waitlist through your myOkanagan account for a course.
Frequently asked questions about waitlists
- You are not registered in the course.
- You are not charged for the course.
- Your name will not be on the class list.
- Attendance in class is not permitted.
Available seats will be offered to the next eligible student on the waitlist. You will be notified by email, which will advise you of your deadline date and time to pick up your seat online or in person. Remember this offer is time sensitive. Should you not pick up the seat it will be made available to the next eligible student on the list.
Waitlists will be dissolved after one week of classes. There will be a few hours of processing time, after that time you can pick up any available seat in the course you want.
Login to your myOkanagan account, navigate to the Student page > Online Services > Registration > Add or Drop a Course > Select Web Registered from the drop down menu next to the course.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when you are given a seat. Remember to add this email address to your safe sender list.
- "Wait List" indicates you are waitlisted for the course.
- Students are encouraged on a regular basis to login to myOkanagan and check the status of their waitlisted courses (at least once a day during the waitlist period). Telephone inquiries regarding your waitlists will not be accepted.
- Arts/Science students may register and/or waitlist in a combined total of courses not exceeding 18 credits.
- You cannot be registered in one section of a course and waitlisted in another section of the same course.
- Further information can be found in the Course Waitlist Policy section of the Calendar.
2552 Trans Canada Hwy. NE
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N3
Salmon Arm Campus Map
Tel: (250) 832-2126
Toll Free: 1-888-831-0341
7000 College Way
Vernon, BC V1B 2N5
Vernon Campus Map
Tel: (250) 545-7291
Toll Free: 1-800-289-8993
1000 KLO Road
Kelowna, BC V1Y 4X8
Kelowna Campus Map
Tel: (250) 862-5414
Toll Free: 1-877-755-2266
583 Duncan Ave. West
Penticton, BC V2A 8E1
Penticton Campus Map
Tel: (250) 492-4305
Toll Free: 1-866-510-8899