How to register
Once you have been accepted into your program you may need to register into your courses online through your myOkanagan account
If your program is not listed below we will register you into your courses and we will send you your schedule and invoice via email. You can also view your registration on your myOkanagan account (Student page> My Week-at-a-Glance Schedule).
Which way do you register?
- Arts & Science University Studies (includes Arts and Science Diplomas)
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems (Years 2-4)
- Culinary Management Diploma (Business and wine courses)
- Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technology (Year 2)
Web registration for electives
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Year 1 and 2)
- Commercial Aviation
- Business courses for Culinary Management
- Human Service Work
- Therapist Assistant
Your registration dates will fall between these dates - your exact day and time (registration time/time ticket/registration appointment) will be sent to you in an email before your semester begins. Your time will be posted in your myOkanagan account under "Registration Status." You may register for courses anytime after your registration time.
The following dates are subject to change. Please check regularly for the most up to date registration dates.
Last Updated: June 30, 2020.
Academic web registered programs
The following dates apply to all programs that offer web registration.
** Restrictions may apply for some programs
July 13 - September 18, 2020 for fall courses
|Winter 2021: T.B.A|
Adult Basic Education (ABE or AACP) Registration
Only Grade 11 and 12 AACP courses are open for web registration on or after the dates below, all other AACP courses require registration requests to be sent to email@example.com.
|Kelowna - Continuing Students||July 13 - September 18, 2020|
|Kelowna - New Students||July 20 - September 18, 2020|
|Penticton - Continuing Students||July 13 - September 18, 2020|
|Penticton - New Students||July 20 - September 18, 2020|
|Vernon - Continuing Students||July 13 - September 18, 2020|
|Vernon - New Students||July 20 - September 18, 2020|
|Salmon Arm - Continuing Students||July 13 - September 18, 2020|
|Salmon Arm - New Students||July 20 - September 18, 2020|
English as a Second Language
|Continuing Students||July 13 - September 18, 2020|
|New Students||September 3 - 18, 2020 (TENTATIVE)|
You tried to register for a course and it's full. What happens next? You may waitlist through your myOkanagan account for a course.
- You are not registered in the course.
- You are not charged for the course.
- Your name will not be on the class list.
- Attendance in class is not permitted.
Available seats will be offered to the next eligible student on the waitlist. You will be notified by email, which will advise you of your deadline date and time to pick up your seat online or in person. Remember this offer is time sensitive. Should you not pick up the seat it will be made available to the next eligible student on the list.
Waitlists will be dissolved after one week of classes. For Fall 2020, this is 16 September. There will be a few hours of processing time, after that time you can pick up any available seat in the course you want.
Login to your myOkanagan account, navigate to the Student page > Online Services > Registration > Add or Drop a Course > Select Web Registered from the drop down menu next to the course.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when you are given a seat. Remember to add this email address to your safe sender list.
- "Wait List" indicates you are waitlisted for the course.
- Students are encouraged on a regular basis to login to myOkanagan and check the status of their waitlisted courses (at least once a day during the waitlist period). Telephone inquiries regarding your waitlists will not be accepted.
- Arts/Science students may register and/or waitlist in a combined total of courses not exceeding 18 credits.
- You cannot be registered in one section of a course and waitlisted in another section of the same course.
- Further information can be found in the Course Waitlist Policy section of the Calendar.