Students are classified into various programs of study, and the program you are in determines your graduation process.
For all students, your student record will be carefully reviewed to ensure that you have met all your program requirements. If you have questions about your graduation, the first place to start is to login to your myOkanagan account, navigate to student records and compare your transcript to the requirements for your program listed in the Okanagan College Calendar.
There are several rules that govern graduation. In general, you must meet all program requirements spelled out in the calendar, including:
- Program requirements listed on your program page in the calendar
- Minimum Graduating Grade Point Average requirements listed in the calendar (#9) and on your program page (note: the Culinary Management diploma sets a higher standard for the Culinary Arts Certificate portion - 80%)
- Residency rules listed in the calendar (5a). Residency is the number of courses you take at Okanagan College. Please note that courses taken on a recognized exchange program while an Okanagan College student count towards residency at Okanagan College
- Minimum credit counts as listed in the calendar program page. All programs require a certain number of credits to graduate
Generally speaking, your record is reviewed against the calendar entry for the year you entered the program UNLESS your program changed and you began taking courses under the new calendar entry. It may become necessary to hybridize two calendar entries to meet program requirements. In these instances, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification and to answer any questions you may have about your final graduation audit. If you are in the process of planning your coursework and not yet ready to graduate, you should speak with an academic advisor.
The buttons below will take you to a page that explains the graduation process based on your program of study. If you have questions, start by reviewing your student record and the calendar first so that you are ready to talk about your program. Ensure you have submitted an application for graduation unless you are in Trades or Continuing Studies. The graduation office contact is email@example.com.
How it works
Pick your program area below to view details about graduation.
Apply for graduation
Meet with an advisor
View the academic calendar
Frequently asked questions
Winter Graduation and Convocation - October 31
Spring Graduation and Convocation - March 31
Summer Graduation and Convocation - April 30
Continuing Studies Commencement - April 30
Vernon Convocation - April 30
Trades Commencement - May 13
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include an application for graduation. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your request within the time frame of the next graduation period, however applications made after the application deadline may not be considered until the following graduation period.
Academic and Vocational Programs (excluding Continuing Studies and Trades)
For students in all programs except Trades and Continuing Studies programs, we graduate students four times a year: in January, and three times in June (see above). Some vocational programs may be conferred during the term, including the Health Care Assistant Certificate. If you chose to attend the ceremony and your credential has already been received, please ensure you have submitted an application for graduation. The application form is fillable online and you will need Adobe Acrobat to fill it out. Credentials are conferred at convocation and, for students choosing not to attend, distributed shortly thereafter. For a list of programs represented at each ceremony, please check the links in the side menu.
For students in the Trades, all credentials except Welding A and B must first be audited and conferred by the Education Council, which meets monthly except for in the summer. During the year, students are audited and sent to Education Council for approval and conferral of their credential on a monthly basis. With processing time, you should expect to receive your credential within 3 to 6 weeks. For students in the Welder Foundation program, you will receive your log book before your certificate is issued, usually mailed within 7 to 10 business days of receipt of final paperwork in the graduation office. Trades also holds a commencement ceremony in the summer.
Please note: Education Council does not meet in July and August. If your program finishes during these months, and you meet graduation requirements, you will receive your credential in September.
Processing times vary for Continuing Studies programs. Once the graduation office has been sent a list of students eligible for certificates, they are processed within 5 to 7 business days and sent out to the mailing address on file.
We are in touch with students if issues arise with their file, however, if you are concerned that your application has not been received or have questions and/or additional information pertaining to your graduation, please contact email@example.com.
Students are responsible for ensuring they have or will meet all graduation requirements. Please carefully review your program requirements in the Calendar.
For Business students, the Okanagan School of Business has developed a Personal Degree Plan for the BBA that you can use to check your graduation status. There is an advising sheet available for the Business Diploma as well, located here. Business advising can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the convocation ceremony.
Summer Graduation Programs
If you do not see your program listed here, check the Spring Graduation List.
Please note: the Summer Graduation is split into two ceremonies: One for Diploma and Certificate graduates and one for Continuing Studies graduates. Be sure to check the Ceremonies website for the correct date and time.
Office Administration Programs
- Accounting Assistant Certificate
- Accounting/Bookkeeping Certificate
- Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals Certificate
- Legal Administrative Assistant - Corporate/Conveyancing
- Legal Administrative Assistant - Litigation
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Office Assistant Certificate
- Office Management Certificate
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Programs
- Adult Basic Education (Fundamental, Intermediate and Advanced)
- BC Adult Graduation Diploma
Adult Special Education Programs
- Preparing for Access to Careers and Education (PACE)
- Supported Access to Modified Education (SAME)
- Basic Skills Certificate (A & B)
- Advanced Skills Certificate
- Commercial Aviation Diploma
Food Wine and Tourism
- Pastry Arts Certificate
English as a Second Language Program
- English for Academic Purposes Certificate
Health and Social Development
- Certified Dental Assistant Certificate
- Early Childhood Education - Infant and Toddler Certificate
- Health Care Assistant Certificate
- Human Service Worker Diploma
- Therapist Assistant Diploma
All Continuing Studies Programs
Spring Graduation Programs
Please note: There are two ceremonies for Spring graduation. Be sure to check the Ceremonies Website for the correct date and time of your ceremony.
If your program is not listed below, check the Summer graduation programs.
University Studies - Arts
- Advanced Certificate in Communication
- Associate of Arts Degree
- General Studies Diploma
- Communications, Culture and Journalism Studies Diploma
- Criminal and Social Justice Diploma
- Environmental Studies Diploma
- International Development Diploma
- Journalism Studies Diploma
- Media and Cultural Studies Diploma
- Writing and Publishing Diploma
University Studies - Science
- Applied Science (Engineering Program) Certificate
- Associate of Science Degree
- General Studies Diploma
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Honors
- Business Administration Diploma
- Business Administration Post-Diploma Certificate
- Business Administration Post-Baccalaureate Diploma (Accounting)
- Business Administration Post-Baccalaureate Diploma (Marketing)
- Business Administration Certificate
- Business Studies Certificate (all options)
- Culinary Management Diploma
Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor in Computer and Information Systems
- Diploma in Computer and Information Systems
- Animation Diploma
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma
- Electronic Engineering Technology Diploma
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technology Diploma
- Sustainable Construction Management Technology Diploma
- Water Engineering Technology Diploma
Health and Social Development
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Human Kinetics Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Practical Nursing Diploma
Food, Wine and Tourism Programs
- Culinary Arts Certificate
- Viticulture Technician Diploma