High School Counsellors
Our team is here to help you guide your students through a successful transition to post-secondary, and into any of our trades, technologies, health, science, arts, continuing studies or foundational programs.
We can help you set up tours for your students at one of our campuses, arrange the experience of being a Student for a Day, bring a Spotlight Session to your school, or provide information about Okanagan College through a visit to you. Recruiters are available to help students explore the possibilities available to them at Okanagan College.
Transition programs are offered to students currently in high school who wish to take college-level courses while continuing their high school education. These programs are a collaboration between the School Districts and Okanagan College and both have strong commitments to helping students achieve their academic, career and life goals.
There are two ways to transition to college before you graduate from high school: Dual Credit programs and Concurrent Enrolment.
Benefits to Students are:
- Graduate with a Grade 12 academic (Dogwood) Diploma plus up to one year of post-secondary education and training
- Gain accelerated access to a career or further post-secondary education and training
Find out more on the Dual Credit and Transitions page.
- Information Nights and Info Sessions (October/November) - contact a recruiter for details
- Career Fair (November)
- Robo Cup (November/December)
- Spaghetti Bridge (March)
- Experience Okanagan College is an event geared toward Grade 11 students. Students attend college courses, experience a day as an OC student, meet faculty and learn what interests them, held February in Kelowna and May in Vernon and Penticton
- High School visits - Presentations/Office Hours/Student Meeting/Counsellor Updates - contact a recruiter to arrange
- PSIBC High School visits (September-December)
Interested in having an instructor from Okanagan College run a session at your school? Recruiters can help arrange this. These sessions give students an opportunity to experience college-level classes, by having an instructor come into your class and give an introductory lesson. Taking a class in a certain subject can help gain an understanding and help them decide if they are interested in pursuing a particular program. Contact the recruiter in your region to see what programs are available to spotlight. If you have a particular program in mind, let the recruiter know when you contact them.
Do you have students who are interested in one of our programs but aren't quite sure it’s the right one for them? We offer students the opportunity to come to the College for a day and attend a class. Contact the recruiter from the region where your student would like to be a Student for a Day.
Either for an individual or a group, arrange a tour on the campus your student is interested in and find out more about our services, programs and explore the campus. Book a campus tour today!