Medical Services Plan

What is the Medical Services Plan (MSP)?

Under the Medicare Protection Act, enrolment with the Medical Services Plan (MSP) is mandatory for all eligible BC residents and their dependents. (Please note: The Medical Services Plan is separate and distinct from the OC Group Health Benefits Plan.)

Each BC resident enrolled with the Medical Services Plan (MSP) is given a CareCard with a unique lifetime identifier for health care called a personal health number (PHN). This number remains the same, regardless of any changes to personal status. It is recommended that you carry your CareCard at all times, to have it available to be presented whenever you need health care services. However, if you do not have your card with you, your physician or other health care provider can verify that you are enrolled with MSP.

MSP coverage is required in order for you and your dependents to be covered under our group benefit plan.


How do I enrol or make changes to my MSP account?

The MSP website contains all of the information you will need for applying or changing your coverage.

How can I obtain additional information about the Medical Services Plan?

Additional information about the Medical Services Plan and eligibility is available on Health Insurance BC website.

Top of Page