Okanagan College believes everyone should have a home where they feel safe, welcomed and supported. Off-campus housing options below are presented for students' convenience.
Off-campus housing partner
Okanagan College has partnered with Happipad to support students who are seeking off-campus housing that meets all of these needs. Happipad matches students with compatible homeowners in the area. Students can expect support through the entire experience, from searching for housing straight through to move-out day. There are also several measures in place designed to protect students, including flexible terms, a contract, background checks and options for insurance.
DISCLAIMER: The listings posted on this site are neither approved or recommended by Okanagan College. Okanagan College does not perform any information, background or clearance checks on the landlords or authors of the listings, nor is any of the information contained within the listings verified for accuracy. Okanagan College does not assume any responsibility or liability relating to or arising out of the information contained within the listings provided on this site.
- BC Classifieds: this tool features listings posted to Black Press newspapers, such as the Penticton Western News and Summerland Review.
- RentBC: this is a premium-based rental marketing service that includes housing listings in B.C. communities. All listings are added and maintained by the landlord or property owners and all types of accommodation are included.
- Castanet: An online free classified service in the Okanagan.
- Craigslist: An online free classified service. Penticton housing is included in the Kelowna’s Craiglist page.
- Kijiji: An online free classfied service in the Okanagan.
- StartHereOkanagan: This community portal acts as a resource for people considering relocating to the South Okanagan.
- BC Housing: Some students are eligible for housing assistance, rental assistance and/or financial aid for accessible home modifications. Visit their website to determine eligibility.
OCSU Salmon Arm campus housing bulletin board: Located in the student lounge next to the Okanagan College Students' Union office, this bulletin board contains suite, apartment and house rental information. Both students and landlords may post advertisements on this board. All postings must be approved and stamped by a Salmon Arm campus OCSU staff person.
Please contact the OCSU (250) 832-2126 local 8229 or the Administration Office (250) 832-2126 for assistance.
- BC Classified: A comprehensive classified tool compiled by Black Press which includes housing listings in Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, and many other communities in British Columbia.
- BC Housing: The Government of British Columbia provides help with subsidized housing for lower income families. For eligibility information and application forms, please go to the BC Housing website.
- Kijiji Salmon Arm
- All Classifieds Salmon Arm
We encourage you to seek out accommodations in Revelstoke as early as possible.
- Revy Rentals Facebook group: Join the Facebook group to post your request or find out about available rental housing.
- Revelstoke Property Services: Provides rental housing, including affordable housing. Contact RPS to learn more about the application process.
Need assistance? Contact Shauna Stocker for support with your housing search.
Student housing not affiliated with OC
- The Artium Student Housing is a conveniently located, fully furnished student housing at the corner of Dundas Road and Highway 33. Both transit stops for the #8 Okanagan College bus are right in front the building. All suites feature stainless steel appliances, 50" TVs, leather furniture and air conditioning. Bedrooms are fully furnished with shared kitchen, living room and bathrooms. The Artium includes a fitness room, yoga studio, quiet study space, social lounge, bike storage, rooftop patio and laundry facilities. Meet other residents at our regular social events. Rent is $1075/month and includes all utilities, Telus HD TV, Hi-Speed WiFi, and housekeeping services twice a month. For information: http://www.artium.ca/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Robson Mews offer Kelowna students a safe, clean, comfortable home in a convenient location steps away from amenities. Dorms are fully furnished and the individual rooms are furnished with one desk, one chair, one single bed with two drawers, and a stackable dresser. The living area offers one sofa, one single chair, one island with stools, one dining table with two chairs, and one fully equipped kitchen. Each quad dorm will have two bathrooms (one bathroom per two students). There will be a 24/7 property manager on site and a fob security system. Robson Mews also has communal mailboxes, a social lounge, foosball table, study room equipped with high speed internet, group study area, theatre room with Netflix subscription, and coin-matic laundry systems. Rent is $900/mo plus a $450 deposit. Mandatory 12 month lease. All utilities including high speed internet are included. Monthly cleaning service to the suites is also included. All parking is $25. Two restaurants are located on the ground level. One is a pizza restaurant and the other is a fried chicken restaurant. For information: https://robsonmews.com or contact Lee-Ann Doris at 778-215-5886, email@example.com.
- The Shore offers 103 new student housing suites with floor places ranging from Studio Suites ($1500/mo), one bedroom and den ($1700/mo) to three bedroom with lake views ($3000/mo). Offering high speed internet and Optik TV, all utilities, pet friendly options, stainless steel appliance package inclusive of in-unit washer and dryer, flat screen televisions and private balconies, along with many unique features and amenities. Situated along the edge of one of Kelowna’s best tourist attractions (Gyro Beach), The Shore is situated in the highly-sought after Lower Mission area, known for boutique shopping, trendy restaurants, quaint coffee shops and vibrant atmosphere. Suites available with flexible options on start dates and length of stay to suit your needs. For information: www.theshorekelowna.com/live.
- BC Housing
- Castanet Rentals
- Craiglist Kelowna
- Indigenous Housing Providers
- Kelowna Community Resources (KCR)
- Kelowna Daily Courier
- Kelowna Off Campus Student Housing (FB group)
- Kijiji Kelowna
- Samesun Hostel
- Used Kelowna
- Off Campus Housing 101
- Kelowna Resort Accommodations - Student Rentals
Information for new renters
Living on your own for the first time can be an overwhelming experience, with lots of rules and new terminology involved. B.C. tenancy laws set out the rights and responsibilities of renters and landlords in tenancy agreements. Here are some important links for new renters:
- Residential Tenancy Act: These are the rules for landlords and tenants in residential tenancies.
- Know your rights and responsibilities when Starting a Tenancy, During a Tenancy and Ending a Tenancy.
- Solving problems: Sometimes problems can occur when renting a home. Explore your options to resolving problems.