Upgrading Funding






UPDATE: ABE and ESL is tuition-free for domestic students at OC

Adult Basic Education (ABE) and English as a Second Language (ESL) is tuition free for domestic students at Okanagan College and other B.C. post-secondary institutions this fall. Premier John Horgan and Minister of Advanced Education Skills and Training Melanie Mark announced that tuition for both programs will be eliminated commencing Sept. 1, 2017.
In 2016-17, Okanagan College had approximately 1,695 domestic students enrolled in ABE programs and approximately 95 individuals enrolled in domestic ESL. International students will continue to pay international student tuition fees. 
Read more in the media release issued by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.


AUG Funding

The Adult Upgrading Grant (formerly the Adult Basic Education Student Assistance Program) assists with direct educational costs (tuition, supplies and if applicable transportation & unsubsidized child care) for students enrolled in programs such as:
  • Adult Basic Education (ABE)
  • English as a Second Language (ESL)
  • Adult Special Education (ASE)
Once fully completed, students must submit their application to the Student Services Administration Office /Financial Aid & Awards Office at the Kelowna Campus where eligibility will be determined. If you are attending a campus other than Kelowna, you may return your form to your campus administration office.

Download the applicable application form below, complete and return to the Student Services Administration Office at your campus or Financial Aid & Awards Office in Kelowna.

NOTE: Submit AUG application promptly after course registration to ensure timely processing.  
Summer and Fall 2018