Section 173 of the Criminal Code of Canada states..."everyone who, without lawful excuse, the proof of which lies upon him, loiters or prowls at night upon the properly of another person near a dwelling house situated on that property is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction".
If you suspect or encounter a prowler on Okanagan College property:
- Do not confront the person(s)
- Try to make mental notes of the situation - location, number of people, description of people and activity, time of incident and other details
- Go to nearest Okanagan College telephone and call the EMERGENCY NUMBER FOR YOUR CAMPUS/CENTRE
- Report all details of the incident and leave your name and telephone number
- If you are off-campus or at a pay telephone, call 9-1-1 and report the incident to the RCMP