Vehicle auctions and sales
Okanagan College Foundation supports automotive trades programs—Collision Repair and RV Service Technician—through the purchase and sale of used vehicles. Vehicles are repaired by students under the watchful eyes of their instructors as part of their program training. Once fully restored, vehicles are inspected by an authorized inspector and upon approval, are posted for sale. Proceeds are held by Okanagan College Foundation for program support.
Please ensure to read all the information sections before placing your bid/offer.
Vehicles are located at the Kelowna campus of Okanagan College – 1000 KLO Road, and potential bidders may inquire to schedule a viewing or receive further information by contacting:
Bob Francis – Tool Room
Telephone: (250) 762-5445 Ext 4461 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewings are available by appointment only, and can be scheduled Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please note that due to insurance limitations, test drives are not available.
Bids and offers will be accepted via electronic submission only.
Bidders will have five (5) business days from the date a vehicle is initially posted to make their submission.
Each posted vehicle will be assigned a minimum bid price; all bids must meet or exceed this minimum bid amount.
Bids will be submitted to a secure Okanagan College email address through the electronic submission form. All bids will be recorded based on the date & time received. Should two bidders enter the same high bid amount, the earliest-received bid will be considered the successful bid.
Okanagan College Foundation will contact only the successful bidder to notify them of their purchase; it is the responsibility of any other bidder(s) to contact Okanagan College Foundation for bid results. The Foundation reserves the right to sell to the highest bidder, or to reject some/all bids if they do not meet Okanagan College Foundation expectations.
Should a vehicle receive no bids during the initial listing, it will be re-posted as a direct sale in which the first offer that meets the posted selling price will be accepted and the buyer will be contacted within 1 business day to proceed with the transaction.
Offers that do not meet the posted selling price will be considered, and will be accepted or declined at the discretion of the Foundation. The Foundation reserves the right to reject some/all offers if they do not meet Okanagan College Foundation expectations.
Vehicles listed as a direct sale will have this indicated on the listing.
- The vehicle must be paid in full and be removed from Okanagan College property within 72 hours.
- The purchaser agrees that the used motor vehicle is being purchased as is, where is. Okanagan College’s Collision Repair / RV Service Technician Department will not carry a warranty on the structural, cosmetic, and paint repairs that were performed on the vehicle. The Okanagan College Foundation makes no warranty, representation or promise with respect to the purchase of the used motor vehicle. The Okanagan College Foundation disclaims and excludes any and all implied warranties, including without limitation, statutory implied warranties under s. 18 of the Sale of Goods Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 410.”
- The successful purchaser is responsible for the removal of their vehicle. He/she is also responsible for all damages, accidents and all other liabilities, which are incurred in the disassembly and removal.
- Payment may be made by Bank Draft payable to Okanagan College Foundation. NO CASH, PERSONAL CHEQUES OR CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ANY PART OF THE VEHICLE PURCHASE.
- Upon making payment, the purchaser and the Foundation will enter into a Contract of Sale confirming price and vehicle information. Purchaser will receive the following documentation:
- One (1) signed and sealed original copy of the Contract of Sale of Goods
- Signed Tax/Transfer Form
- Signed Owner’s Certificate of Insurance and Vehicle Licence
- BC Ministry of Transportation Private Vehicle Inspection Report bearing the Inspection Confirmation Number and Decal
- All Sales Are Final - No returns or exchanges will be made.
All information is given to the best of Okanagan College knowledge. The buyer is responsible for authenticity and accuracy of all information submitted on the webform. Okanagan College will record only one bid/offer from each name and/or associated e-mail. All bids/offers are to be submitted individually and separately.
Note: Individuals making bids/offers failing to pay for vehicles may be eliminated from bidding on future offerings.