Bell Let's Talk Day
Bell Let's Talk Day
When it comes to mental health, now more than ever, every action counts. Bell Let's Talk Day is Jan. 26, and Bell has committed to contributing 5¢ for every applicable text, call, tweet or TikTok video using #BellLetsTalk to support mental health initiatives. Find out how you can be part of the conversation.
We invite you to join us at the Kelowna campus in the E Building Atrium from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. to share a cup of tea or coffee, discover resources and start a conversation.
Bell Let’s Talk promotes mental health awareness, acceptance and action. This year, Canadians are encouraged to keep talking, and keep listening.
Bell Let's Talk photo booth
Interact with our photo-booth and get your picture taken, then post your picture online. Use the hashtags #BellLetsTalk and #ockelownaathleticsandrec to share your photos!
Note: the photo booth is only available to students, faculty, and staff. Users are required to use a school assigned email address to participate. Use this unique URL link to our photo booth to capture and share your selfie photo and personalized mental health messages.
Stresses around pandemic restrictions can impact our mental health and wellness. If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, loneliness, isolation and other negative impacts on your wellness, know that there is support available to you..
- Flourish at OC: Ways to take care of our mental health this semester and beyond
- Wellness section in myOkangan for Students.
- Health and Well-Being section in myOkanagan for Employees.
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program (also known as EFAP, operated by LifeWorks) is not just for emergencies. Get help by calling 1-888-307-0590 or logging onto the website https://www.lifeworks.com/
- Here2Talk 24/7 mental health support when you need it – free to all B.C. post-secondary students.
- KUU-US Crisis Line Society which provides a First Nations and Indigenous specific crisis line available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, toll-free from anywhere in British Columbia. The KUU-US Crisis Line can be reached toll-free at 1-800-588-8717. Alternatively, you can call directly into the Youth Line at 250-723-2040 or the Adult Line at 250-723-4050, or online: https://www.kuu-uscrisisline.com/.
Flourish and GROW archives
Missed a Flourish/GROW session or looking for some tips to help you cope? Check out the OC Counselling Services YouTube channel.
OC's Library Services has resources to promote student success and well-being.
OC's Counselling Services offers free, confidential one-on-one counselling to all registered OC students currently residing in B.C.
Looking for other supports?
Visit OC's community resources information section.
The Multicultural Mental Health Resource Centre shares resources in multiple languages.
Check out Recreation and Student Life for more activities throughout the term.