ePortfolio: An Introduction
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
This session is at the Emerging level of workshops offered by Learning and Applied Research and Education Technology.
An ePortfolio is a purposeful collection of digital artifacts and reflections that provide evidence of a learning journey, built over time to represent the learning, skills, and achievements of its user in a particular or discipline. ePortfolios can transform assessment and contribute to student success. This introductory workshop will examine why ePortfolios have gained such a significant traction in higher education to encourage connections between academic, professional, co-curricular, and personal experiences. Participants will be introduced to the concept identify the benefits and challenges of using them.
- Discuss the concept of ePortfolios as an assessment strategy.
- Outline the benefits to students and faculty/instructors when ePortfolios are used.
- Examine rubrics for assessing ePortfolios.
- Why ePortfolios
- Benefits of ePortfolios to students
- Rubrics for assessing ePortfolios