Camp OC activities move indoors due to heat and smoke
With new heat warnings and air quality advisories issued in the past week by Interior Health and Environment Canada, OC will continue to heed MHO guidance and move camps indoors to avoid extreme heat and poor air quality conditions, as needed, for the weeks to come. Read for the latest alerts and notices about staying safe amid heat and wildlife smoke on OC's alerts page.
Camp OC 2021 Update
Our safe, educational and fun camps are full of interactive activities and adventures. Campers will enjoy small class sizes with experienced teachers guiding them through theme based weeklong camps. Camp OC is a great place to engage kids in their interests and passions or ignite new sparks in areas such as engineering, arts, science, technology, trades, outdoor activities and culinary arts. Whatever their interests, we are sure they will find it here!
Okanagan College is committed to providing a safe and healthy learning and working environment for our students/campers, employees and visitors. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are following directives, as they evolve, from the Provincial Health Officer, Provincial and Federal Governments, Interior Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
We will update the Camp OC website as well as the Okanagan College Website as information changes and circumstances warrant. In addition we will send out the most up-to-date information, including the “COVID-19 exposure control self-reporting acknowledgement form” each week before camp starts.
- Due to COVID-19 occupancy restrictions and construction at some of our campuses, Camp OC 2021 will be running at a decreased capacity. We are offering camps for elementary school kids only this summer.
- The Parental Consent Form (emailed to you after you register your child) has had a few updates, so make sure to read it properly.
- Please familiarize yourself with the Camp OC Refund and Withdrawal Policy.
- Due to COVID-19 you will required to answer the following questions before attending camp each day.
- Have you travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days (and are not fully vaccinated)?
- Have you been identified by Public Health as a close contact of someone with COVID-19?
- Have you been told to isolate by Public Health?
- Are displaying any of the following new or worsening symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
All photography and video images are from a variety of Camp OC sessions before COVID-19.
Contact a campus
1000 KLO Rd.
Kelowna, BC V1Y 4X8
583 Duncan Ave W
Penticton, BC V2A 8E1
7000 College Way
Salmon Arm Campus
2552 10th Ave. NE
Salmon Arm, BC
1401 First Street
PO Box 3118