Associate Dean of the Okanagan School of Business
Director of Food, Wine and Tourism
Degrees, Designations, Diplomas, and Certificates:
- BSc. (Geology) Mount Allison University, New Brunswick, Canada
- MSc (Tourism and Hospitality Education); University of Surrey, England
Management, Hotel Management and Adventure/Ecotourism Management
Jonathan has 10 years working as a geologist in a range of capacities from field research and exploration to land use management. For the past 20 years Jonathan has been very active provincially and nationally within the tourism and hospitality education field, having held positions as Dean, School of Hospitality and Business at Vancouver Community College, and Chair, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Management at Capilano College.
Product development, sustainable tourism, international education and education development such as qualifications framework.
Tourism growth management and sustainability, and tourism and hospitality education
Associations and Board Memberships:
- Recent Past Board of Directors: Vice Chair Go2 and Tourism Vancouver
- Current Membership: BC Hospitality Foundation Advisory Committee and Canadian Culinary Championships Committee
- Current Board of Director: Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council