For all Staff
Use these links to access widely-used applications:
- Practice connecting to the services you will need
- Ensure that you can connect with your team (e.g. accessing shared calendars and files)
- Update your contact information
- Confirm that you can remotely access your desk phone voicemail
- Download necessary software on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices
- Be sure to pack all necessary power adapters
Location doesn’t matter when you’ve got reliable online tools to help you connect and collaborate with colleagues. Okanagan College has several options available, including:
View the voicemail access pdf for instructions on how to get into your voicemail off campus.
You can access your network files via a web browser using myFiles. Enter your Network ID and password and choose EMP.OC from the User Database dropdown.
While most services can be directly accessed from anywhere, some are restricted to the Okanagan College network and require using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) when telecommuting. VPN is a remote access technology that allows you to securely connect to the Okanagan College network as if you were on campus.
Watch the video below to learn how to connect to a VPN.
Note: Banner and Argos should only be accessed using OC-provided equipment. Avoid storing personal information on personal electronic devices. Never use public computers to access the Okanagan College network.
Have a question? Contact us
IT Services is here to assist with technical issues, equipment requirements and any training that may be necessary for you to be successful in a remote work environment. We encourage you to reach out via phone, email, or online IT Service Request for assistance.