The Office Management certificate provides graduates of applied business technology and administrative assistant programs with a broad business base that emphasizes managerial aspects of secretarial work. Students will be prepared to write the proficiency exams leading to the Certified Professional Secretary designation. Courses leading to this credential will be offered during the day and evening. Some courses are available by distance education.
- Students graduating from secondary school in or prior to 2012:
- Principles of Mathematics 11, or an equivalent Advanced Level Adult Basic Education mathematics course; or a minimum grade of 70% in Introductory Mathematics 11; or a minimum grade of 60% in Applications of Mathematics 11.
- Students entering Grade 10 in or after 2010 and/or completing the new mathematics curriculum:
- A minimum of 60% in one of Pre-calculus Grade 11, Foundations of Mathematics Grade 11, or Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics Grade 11, or the equivalent Advanced Level Adult Basic Education mathematics course.
- Successful completion of a ten-month Administrative Assistant program or its equivalent, or permission of the department.
- Successful completion of the prescribed and elective courses as listed in the program outline with a minimum graduating grade average of 60%.
Join an info session or become a student for a day.
Have your questions answered by an advisor or recruiter.
Take the next step and enrol in a program or course at OC.