Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate
This program is designed for students with prior office administration experience or training who wish to attain the skills required to work in a medical or allied health office as a medical administrative assistant. Work as an assistant in hospital departments, working to admit, diagnostically image and aid outpatient clinics or choose to work in a medical general practitioner or special office within a medical clinic.
Share this programEmail Print
- Full program offered
- Partial program offered
Tuition and fees
Fees include all mandatory fees: Activity fee, Health & Dental, Student Association fee, Education Technology fee, Development fee.
All amounts are approximate and are subject to change.
Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) is a 540-hour online specialty certificate program designed for students who wish to attain the skills required to work in a medical or allied health office as a medical administrative assistant. Graduates of the Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate program may work as assistants in hospital departments including admitting, diagnostic imaging and outpatient clinics or in medical general practitioner and specialist offices and in medical clinics. Graduates work for allied health professionals in facilities such as physiotherapy offices and clinics, chiropractic offices and clinics and massage therapy and naturopathy offices and clinics. Graduates may also be employed by long-term care facilities and insurance companies.
Offered once a year asynchronously online.
- B.C. Secondary school graduation, or equivalent, or 19 years of age and out of secondary school for at least one year as of the first day of classes.
- A recommended keyboarding speed of 25 net words per minute.
- A minimum score of 50% in English 11 or alternatives; or a minimum score of 70% on an Okanagan College Office Administration English entrance test.
- Students will be awarded a Medical Administrative Assistant certificate upon successful completion of all courses in this program.
- Students must pass the practicum and attain a minimum grade of 70% or better in each course to successfully complete the program.
Join an info session or become a student for a day.
Have your questions answered by an advisor or recruiter.
Take the next step and enrol in a program or course at OC.