We are happy that you are joining us this upcoming semester and hope you enjoy studying at Okanagan College.
An orientation session has been planned to provide you with the information you need to successfully start your semester at Okanagan College. Our orientation sessions are intended to help you navigate and understand how everything works at the College, and also to make you feel like a welcome part of the College community.
Attending and registering for this event is MANDATORY for all new students!
Winter 2022 International Student Orientation
Online Orientation for students attending all campuses will be held on Wednesday, December 15 and Thursday December 16.
New international student from locations all around the world and from within Canada will be attending our virtual orientation,
The following topics covered were:
- course registration information
- myOkanagan and Moodle
- immigration advising
- academic success in college
- campus services & community resources
- meet the International staff team, faculty, college supports
- meet other students and have fun!
Campus Specific In-Person Orientation: January 4, 2022
This orientation day is designed to deliver valuable information to assist you with settling in Canada, specific to your Okanagan campus community, including a campus tour and an opportunity to socialize with interactive activities.
Quarantine and travel requirements: All students must review the most up-to-date college and government regulations.
Please do not schedule travel on orientation day and ensure you are following quarantine requirements. Find the most up-to-date information on our webpage: Quarantine planning for International students.
What to expect
Orientation provides you with the information you need to successfully start your semester at Okanagan College. During the orientation, you will learn very useful information and how to navigate all the services that will help you throughout your studies at Okanagan College. Also, this is a great opportunity to meet other students from around the world. Our team is available while working from home to make sure you feel supported at OC during this unprecedented time.
- You will receive an invitation to register and attend our virtual orientation sessions by email and on the iCent app.
- Orientation sessions are mandatory for all new students!
- Download the iCent app prior to orientation. This app contains useful information and services that will help you throughout your studies.
- Follow this checklist to make sure you are prepared to begin studies: Okanagan College: What's Next?
- Important note: Students register themselves and create their own schedule prior to the start of each semester. To find out whether you have been pre-registered for courses or not, login to myOkanagan account and check "class schedule status." If you have any further questions about course registration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your choice of Okanagan College to help you achieve your education and training goals.