We are happy that you are joining us this upcoming semester and hope you enjoy studying at Okanagan College.
An orientation session has been planned to provide you with the information you need to successfully start your semester at Okanagan College. Our orientation sessions are intended to help you navigate and understand how everything works at the College, and also to make you feel like a welcome part of the College community.
Attending and registering for this event is MANDATORY for all new students!
Upcoming Orientation Dates
Winter 2021 International orientation will take place virtually on Dec. 16 - 18, 2020. You must attend all three days. Stay tuned for updates on time and a detailed schedule.
We have virtual activities planned for you to ensure that you receive useful and important information about the following topics:
- course registration information
- myOkanagan and Moodle accounts
- medical coverage and plans in BC
- immigration advising
- academic Success in college
- campus services & community resources
- budget-planning & banking in Canada
- meet the International staff team, faculty, college supports
- meet other students and have fun!
What to expect
Orientation provides you with the information you need to successfully start your semester at Okanagan College. During the orientation, you will learn very useful information and how to navigate all the services that will help you throughout your studies at Okanagan College. Also, this is a great opportunity to meet other students from around the world. Our team is available while working from home to make sure you feel supported at OC during this unprecedented time.
- You will receive an invitation to register and attend our virtual orientation sessions by email and on the iCent app.
- Orientation sessions are mandatory for all new students!
- Download the iCent app prior to orientation. This app contains useful information and services that will help you throughout your studies.
- Follow this checklist to make sure you are prepared to begin studies: Okanagan College: What's Next?
- Important note: Students register themselves and create their own schedule prior to the start of each semester. To find out whether you have been pre-registered for courses or not, login to myOkanagan account and check "class schedule status." If you have any further questions about course registration, contact us at email@example.com.
We appreciate your choice of Okanagan College to help you achieve your education and training goals.
OCELA: Okanagan College English Language Assessment
*This is for ESL students only
Due to COVID-19, the OCELA test is not being administered at this time. Students are required to submit the results of a Duolingo test in order to be placed in the appropriate levels of the ESL program.
Test results should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit Duolingo test results for the Winter 2021 intake: Jan. 4, 2021 by 4 p.m. (Pacific Time).