We are happy that you are joining us this upcoming semester and hope you enjoy studying at Okanagan College.
An orientation session has been planned to provide you with the information you need to successfully start your semester at Okanagan College. Our orientation sessions are intended to help you navigate and understand how everything works at the College, and also to make you feel like a welcome part of the College community.
Attending and registering for this event is MANDATORY for all new students!
Upcoming Orientation Dates
Due to COVID-19, a new student orientation will take place virtually in the fall. Stay tuned for more details.
What to expect
Orientation provides you with the information you need to successfully start your semester at Okanagan College. Our team is available while working from home to make sure you feel supported at OC during this unprecedented time.
- You will receive an invitation to register and attend our virtual orientation sessions on the iCent app and by email.
- Orientation sessions are mandatory for all new students!
- It's highly recommended that you complete the Pre-Arrival Modules before the virtual orientation this fall. Together, the Pre-Arrival Modules and New Student Orientation will introduce you to the opportunities, services and supports that will facilitate your transition to Okanagan College. (Note: these modules are not a replacement for the new student orientation.)
- How to access the Pre-Arrival Modules:
- Login to myOkanagan portal
- Click on the "Moodle" button in the top-right corner of the myOkanagan screen.
- The Pre-Arrival Modules will be listed in the "Courses" section of Moodle.
- Download the iCent app
- You will receive a copy of the International Orientation schedule and guide once you check in on Orientation day.
- Follow this checklist to make sure you are prepared to begin studies: Okanagan College: What's Next?
- Important note: Students register themselves and create their own schedule prior to the start of each semester. To find out whether you have been pre-registered for courses or not, login to myOkanagan account and check "class schedule status." If you have any further questions about course registration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your choice of Okanagan College to help you achieve your education and training goals.
OCELA: Okanagan College English Language Assessment
*This is for ESL students only
Due to COVID-19, the OCELA test is not being administered at this time. Students are required to submit the results of a Duolingo test in order to be placed in the appropriate levels of the ESL program.
Test results should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline to submit Duolingo test results for the Fall 2020 intake: August 14, 2020 by 4 p.m. (Pacific Time).