Transforming lives and communities
Inside OC serves as the biweekly newsletter for the Okanagan College community. We aim to provide you with the latest OC news, media and updates in a fun and engaging way that lands in your inbox every other Tuesday.
Have a story you'd like to share?
We are always on the lookout for OC stories to tell, perspectives to share and people to interview. If you have a story to share, whether it highlights a colleague, student or your own work, feel free to send us an email.
Sign up for Inside OC email newsletter
Read the latest
New work-integrated learning opportunities for OC students and employers across the region
Earlier this year, Okanagan College announced new opportunities through the Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment office for Indigenous learners and students who face accessibility challenges. With funding from the provincial government, the College is set to launch a third project to increase access to co-op and work-integrated learning for OC students and employers.
Overseeing the project at OC is Alison Beaumont, a Coordinator in the Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment office. She notes that the new project has dual opportunities for both students and employers.
“We are excited to have more staff available now to support students and employers throughout the College region and we are really aiming to increase awareness of the co-op programs we offer and how they can get involved.”
For employers, the project gives them access to OC’s talented and knowledgeable students. For students, the opportunity to work in a related field prior to graduation boosts both skills and employment prospects in their chosen industry after graduation.
Media Top 10
Stay up to date with OC stories in the news
- Vernon college students seek harvesting help in Coldstream - Vernon Morning Star, Castanet
- Youth Powwow goes virtual - Castanet, Daily Courier
- RBC continues support for local youth through CODEanagan, a partnership with Accelerate Okanagan and Okanagan College - Castanet
- Okanagan College program meant to retrain hospitality workers gets provincial funding - Sun Peaks Independent News
- Geologist donates $100K - Castanet
- Three Okanagan College students have won Outstanding Student Awards from the Environmental Operators Certification Program - Daily Courier
- College support continues during pandemic - Daily Courier
- College releases continuing studies fall lineup - Salmon Arm Observer