Transforming lives and communities
Inside OC serves as the biweekly newsletter for the Okanagan College community. We aim to provide you with the latest OC news, media and updates in a fun and engaging way that lands in your inbox every other Tuesday.
Have a story you'd like to share?
We are always on the lookout for OC stories to tell, perspectives to share and people to interview. If you have a story to share, whether it highlights a colleague, student or your own work, feel free to send us an email.
Sign up for Inside OC email newsletter
Read the latest
Together, from afar: an Okanagan College graduation ceremony unlike any other
In a year unlike any other, Okanagan College student Kenzie Gorjanc found herself adapting to new ways of learning to complete her education.
On Jan. 23, she will join more than 2,000 OC students who will don virtual caps and gowns as they are recognized during the College’s first-ever online convocation ceremony.
Graduates, along with their family, friends and supporters in the community are invited to tune in and watch the pre-recorded virtual ceremony starting at 10:30 a.m. this Saturday. To view the ceremony and learn more, visit www.okanagan.bc.ca/virtualconvocation.
IT Services is currently piloting a new initiative to assist students with OC technology. With the assistance from students, IT is offering online…
Effective March 31, BlueJeans (video conferencing) will no longer be available for use. Okanagan College is now supporting Zoom, Blackboard…
Media Top Hits
Stay up to date with OC stories in the news
- Okanagan College hosts its first virtual convocation ceremony on Jan. 23 – Daily Courier and Castanet.
- OC Health Sciences Centre receives a generous donation in memory of Kelowna nurse – Daily Courier and Maxine DeHart’s column in the Capital News.
- Okanagan College professor and Canadian author Frances Greenslade is judging the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) upcoming annual Okanagan Short Story Contest – KelownaNow, Mirage News and UBC.
- Vernon fiction writer, poet and Okanagan College English professor Hannah Calder will join other B.C authors at the 2021 Author Reading Series. She will read from and discuss her published works on Jan. 27 via Zoom – Nelson Star.
- A B.C. Parks program announced expanded boundaries to several parks in the Thompson – Okanagan, including Cathedral Park which Okanagan College recently transferred back to the Province – Penticton Western News and Info News.
- Eight Revelstoke high school students who participated in the College’s collaborative Youth Train in Trades program were featured in the Revelstoke Review’s The 20 best good news stories of 2020 article.