The Print Services Department of Okanagan College meets the academic and production printing needs of the Okanagan College community – faculty, staff, and members of the public - by providing:
- A quality product within a reasonable time frame and in a cost-effective manner
- Advice to clients on how to get the most for their printing dollar
Print Services has two high-volume black ink digital printers:
- Ricoh 8210s – High speed of 111 sheets per minutes, as well as performing in-line collating, corner stapling, various hole punching, coil punching, magazine stapling, booklet fold-and-trim capabilities.
- Ricoh 8200s – Produces up to 96 pages per minute, as well as performing in-line collating, stapling, 2 or 3-hole punching, and booklet fold and staple.
Paper sizes range from 8.5" x 11" to 11" x 17" on thicknesses from 20# to 110# paper and cardstocks. There are also many coloured paper options, both in 20# weight and cardstock.
For simple black and white print requests, our turnaround time is one business day. If specialized finishing is needed, please allow additional time to complete the request.
Colour adds impact to your printed material. For short-run colour (up to approximately 500 copies), our Ricoh Pro C651EX provides cost effective, high quality photocopies and laser prints.
We have a variety of paper stock, in sizes ranging from 8.5" x 11" to 13" x 27", and envelopes, used to produce a wide range of printed pieces, such as:
- digital photos
- business cards
- posters and maps
- brochures and rack cards
For larger volume jobs or specialized colour applications, Print Services utilizes the skills of local commercial print shops. This might include projects like:
- wide format posters and banners - wider than 27 inches
- large quantities of posters, brochures, magazines, and newsletters
For simple colour print requests, our turnaround time is two full business day. If specialized finishing is needed, please allow additional time to complete the request.
In most cases, just printing is not enough! Our bindery and finishing services include:
- Saddle-stitch stapling
- Coil Binding
- Drill press (hole-punching)
The maximum quantity to staple together is 100 pages of 20 # bond. Binding sizes vary with each process.
Some of our other services include:
- Laminating (up to 26” wide)
- Mounting (on foam board)
- Specialty Paper Sales
If you require a service that we do not perform in-house, we can make arrangements with outside firms that specialize in these areas.
Contact Print Services for additional information.
Good planning goes a long way to ensuring a successful project.
- Provide detailed and precise timelines for the completion of all print requests.
- Supply print-ready files to Print Services.
- If the project is a reprint with specialized instructions, include a sample of the last job.
- Cost estimates can be requested regardless of the size of the project. A print-ready file should be supplied for accurate estimates. Cost estimates are generally valid for 30 days.
- Consult Print Services before making last minute design decisions. Small changes in design can sometimes make a substantial difference in the cost .
Scheduling is an important part of the printing process. Turnaround time is based on three factors:
- Our volume of work at the time of your request.
- The complexity of your job.
- Our ability to plan ahead - consulting with Print Services is recommended.
A general rule of thumb is that simple requests will normally be completed within one to three working days after we receive the job. For large scale projects, featuring colour printing and specialized bindery service, a few weeks may be needed.
If your project has to be completed by a certain time, we will do everything in our power to help you meet your deadline. The bigger or more complex the request, the more lead-time we require.
Special paper orders can also increase turnaround time. If in a rush, consider selecting from our selection of in-stock papers. Our inventory includes various weights, colours, and textures of paper.
How to find us
Library Building - L105
Okanagan College 1000 K.L.O. Road
Kelowna, British Columbia
Telephone : 250-762-5445
Hours : 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Monday to Friday
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Making Print Requests
If you are a member of Okanagan College faculty or staff, please go to the portal MyOkanagan>Employee Home>Requests and Notices to complete the online request form and submit electronic files for printing or send an email to Print Services indicating the details of the job (number of copies, single or double-sided, paper colour, etc.).
If you are a member of the Kelowna community, outside Okanagan College, please contact Print Services by email using email@example.com or by telephone 250-762-5445, local 4545 to discuss your needs. You may attach to the email details of the job (electronic files for printing, number of copies, single or double-sided, paper colour, etc.).
Adobe Acrobat (pdf) is preferred, since it embeds the fonts and ensures that what we print will be the same as what you see on your screen. Always take a last look through your file before sending in your request.