Central Receiving receives, distributes, and ships material for all Okanagan College campuses, including incoming and outgoing mail. Central Receiving also supplies a variety of services to the faculty and staff at Okanagan College.
See new contactless mail services (Campus Canada Post Mail & Schedule tab) and modified truck run schedule (Truck Run tab) below.
- The Northern truck run will occur every other Tuesday starting July 7, 2020.
- The Southern truck run will occur every other Thursday starting July 16, 2020.
Central Stores will be resuming weekly truck runs on Sept. 9, 2020 following the Labor Day weekend. This will entail a northern truck run (Kelowna AME, Vernon, Salmon Arm, Salmon Arm Trades, Vernon AME and UBCO) every Tuesday, and a southern truck run to Penticton every Thursday. As in the past, during weeks with a holiday Monday the northern truck run will move from Tuesday to Wednesday.
Please submit Facilities Work Requests under the “moving” category to have materials transported between campuses. This allows us to plan accordingly as we will be using smaller vans for days with lighter loads. Also, as a reminder all items must be securely packaged for transport, and clearly labelled with a room number for delivery.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Central Stores team with any questions or concerns, or to communicate needs that may not be addressed with our updated truck run schedule.
Central Stores will receive materials and equipment; inspect items received for quantity, quality, condition and any special specifications as indicated on the purchase order; coordinate delivery to the requesting department; ship items returned to vendors; process loss, shortage and damage claims to the freight carriers; and consolidate delivery of materials issued from Stores.
Unless otherwise specified on the original purchase order, all supplies and equipment received at Okanagan College will be delivered to Central Stores. The material will then be delivered to the requesting campus department and receipt will be acknowledged by signature on a delivery form.
Direct shipments to departments
Merchandise Ordered on a Purchase Order - Central Stores should be notified immediately of the receipt of any material which requires processing by Central Stores in order to close the purchase order and allow for the process of payment to the vendor. All merchandise documentation such as packing slips should be forwarded to Central Stores.
Credit Card purchases
It is preferred that all credit card purchases be delivered directly to Central Stores. The Department must advise the vendor of the following:
- Name of the person placing the order
- Location (building and room number)
- Specify "credit card purchase" on the package
- If the goods/product need to be shipped to Okanagan College, they should be delivered directly to Central Stores
- Notify Central Stores of the upcoming shipment
Retain original packaging for returns or exchanges.
- Check your order immediately (verify you have received what you ordered).
- Notify Central Stores immediately concerning any discrepancies related to delivered material - local 4261 or email email@example.com
- Forward merchandise packing slips and invoices to Central Stores from merchandise ordered on a purchase order and received directly by Departments.
Contactless mail services
All external and inter office mail is currently being held at Central Stores for pickup. All outgoing mail and inter office mail can be dropped off at Central Stores between 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday. To arrange contactless mail pick up for your department please call #4261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelowna - Reception Mail Boxes
- 10:00 a.m. Canada Post Delivery of Incoming Mail to Central Stores.
- 11:00 a.m. Central Stores Mail Delivery to Reception. Distributed at Reception.
- 11:00 a.m. Central Stores Pick-Up of Out-Going Mail from Reception.
- 2:00 p.m. Central Stores Pick-Up of Out-Going Mail from Reception.
*Large mail outs need to be co-ordinated in advance. Please call Central Stores at 4261.
Vernon - Reception
- 11:00 a.m. Canada Post Delivery of Incoming Mail. Distributed at Reception.
- 12:00 noon Drop Off Out-Going Mail For Same Day Delivery to Post Office.
Salmon Arm - Reception (Monday to Thursday)
- 12:30 p.m. - Drop Off Out-Going Mail For Same Day Delivery to Post Office.
- 12:30 p.m. - Incoming Mail Picked Up and Distributed at Reception.
Penticton - Mail Room
- 10:00 a.m. - Canada Post Delivery of Incoming Mail. Distributed in Admissions.
- 4:00 p.m. - Drop Off Out-Going Mail For Same Day Delivery to Mail Box.
Revelstoke - Reception
- 11:30 a.m. - Drop Off Out-Going Mail For Same Day Delivery to Post Office.
- 1:30 p.m. - Canada Post Delivery of Incoming Mail. Distributed at Reception.
Personal mail is defined as any mail unrelated to Okanagan College or your position at Okanagan College such as - utility bills, credit card statements, bank account statements, etc.
Incoming Personal Mail - Okanagan College requires all faculty and staff to receive all personal mail at their home address.
Outgoing Personal Mail - It is acceptable to send outgoing personal mail through Okanagan College Mail Services only if you have already provided adequate postage.
Courier companies will only go to designated pick-up areas and will not pick-up at individual departments. Local, regional, national and international courier services are available.
The speed of delivery is variable depending on shipment size and weight, but a general rule is - the faster you want it to get there, the more expensive it will be.
All courier packages must be packaged with a completed way-bill. A FOAPAL must be provided for chargeback purposes along with the sender’s name and local.
* Personal courier pickups and deliveries cannot be accommodated.
Q: Where can I get a courier waybill?
A: Reception or your department administration office will have courier waybills.
Q: Who completes the courier waybill ...
A:You do since you are familiar with the contents of the package.
Q: Is there a preferred courier service ...
A: Yes. Okanagan College has negotiated discount rates with Purolator Courier. Rates are calculated by weight and postal code.
Q: Where do I leave my courier package?
- Kelowna - Switchboard
* For rush envelopes we recommend that it is dropped off at Central Stores.
**Large / heavy boxes can either be picked up by Central Stores or dropped off at Central Stores.
- Vernon - Continuing Studies or Adminstration Office
- Salmon Arm - Front Office/Reception
- Pentiction - Reception
- Revelstoke - Reception
The following table lists the paper items available through Central Stores.
|0110||Paper - White - 8.5 x 11 - 30% recycled||500 / Pkg|
|0120||Paper - White - 8.5 x 14 - 30% recycled||500 / Pkg|
|0130||Paper - White - 11 x 17 - 30 % recycled||500 / Pkg|
|0210||Envelope - Kraft Printed - 9 x 12||500 / Box|
|0220||Envelope - White Window - #10||500 / Box|
|0230||Envelope - White Printed - #10||500 / Box|
|0310||Letterhead - 8.5 x 12||500 / Pkg|
|0320||Exam Books||250 / Box|
|0330||Bar Code Labels||1000 / Roll|
- All orders can be placed with the paper requisition form.
- The form must be completed before the request can be processed.
- Central Stores will deliver the requested order.
Booking a campus vehicle
The Okanagan College fleet consists of:
- Three - 3 Passenger Toyota Prius - Kelowna Campus
- One - 6 Passenger Dodge Caravan Van - Penticton Campus
- One - 6 Passenger Ford Windstar - Vernon Campus
- One - 6 Passenger Dodge Caravan - Salmon Arm Campus
As part of Okanagan College's global environmental initiative, the College has chosen the Toyota Prius Hybrid to replace it's current gas-only passenger vehicles. The Toyota Prius is an ultra low carbon emissions hybrid car which uses gas/electric technology, making it one of the most environmentally friendly cars on the market.
Please call 4261 with details of the vehicle booking and submit a completed Vehicle Use Application Form to Central Stores. Prior to release, forms MUST be approved with an authorizing signature and FOAPAL. Submit the completed Fleet Mileage Log to Finance.
All drivers must possess and produce a valid Class 5 British Columbia license.
Vehicle bookings must be made through Central Stores and will be dependent upon the availability of a vehicle for the period of time required. Keys must be picked up from and returned to Central Stores.
Drivers shall sign for the vehicle he/she will be using. This signature will attest that the driver holds a valid Operators License and that he/she understands and agrees with the terms and conditions as outlined on the Vehicle Use Application form.
Vehicles must be driven courteously and in accordance with current Traffic Regulations at all times. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of this privilege.
How to find us
Central Stores - Kelowna Campus Okanagan College
1000 K.L.O. Road
Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 4X8
Hours of Operation - Monday to Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.