The Ideal Candidate: panel event with local employers
Fri, Feb 26 2021, 3 - 4pm
- Location Description:
For international students
Okanagan College International students: have you been wondering how to make yourself stand out, now that the entire recruitment process is digital? Do you want an opportunity to network with different local employers that regularly hire Okanagan College students and grads? Well then, join local recruiters while they share their best tips on how to network virtually, how to stand out when applying to positions, and how the pandemic has changed their recruitment process. They will also be sharing information about their equity, diversity and inclusion practices. After the panel is complete, there will be 30 minutes to ask questions directly to the local recruiters and network. This panel discussion will be held on Zoom; registration is required via Eventbrite.
Transitioning to the Next Step: professional life in Canada
OC’s International and Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment departments are hosting a series of virtual workshops designed for International students close to graduation to help them successfully transition from school to the workplace.
Virtual workshop schedule
- Monday, Feb. 22: Job Hunting Experience as an International Student
- Tuesday, Feb. 23: Academic Planning for Graduation
- Tuesday, Feb. 23: Your Brand Matters
- Wednesday, Feb. 24: Land That Job: Resume, cover letter and interview workshop
- Thursday, Feb. 25: Ace That Interview: one on-one interview practice
- Friday, Feb. 26: The Ideal Candidate: panel event with local employers
- March 1: Pathway to Permanent Residence
Note: this event is for International students only. For graduate and employment support, domestic students are encouraged to contact OC's Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Department.