Job Hunting Experience as an International Student
Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3 - 4pm
- Location Description:
For international students
Explore the experience of international students when searching for jobs and learn great tips on job hunting. Also hear from OC alumni who have successfully landed in Canadian job market about their experience after they graduated from the College.
Transitioning to the Next Step: professional life in Canada
OC’s International and Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment departments are hosting a series of virtual workshops designed for International students close to graduation to help them successfully transition from school to the workplace.
Virtual workshop schedule
- Monday, Feb. 22: Job Hunting Experience as an International Student (see above)
- Tuesday, Feb. 23: Academic Planning for Graduation
- Tuesday, Feb. 23: Your Brand Matters
- Wednesday, Feb. 24: Land That Job: Resume, cover letter and interview workshop
- Thursday, Feb. 25: Ace That Interview: one on-one interview practice
- Friday, Feb. 26: The Ideal Candidate: panel event with local employers
- March 1: Pathway to Permanent Residence
Note: this event is for International students only. For graduate and employment support, domestic students are encouraged to contact OC's Student, Graduate and Co-op Employment Department.