Step into the Semester Winter Experiences Hunt
Mon, Jan 4 - Fri, Jan 15 2021, All dayFri, Jan 15 2021, All day
We want you to get out of the house (safely) and explore a little. While you’re doing that, snap some pics, post to social media, and get the chance to win some amazing prizes! Check out our list of experiences, choose the one – or ones – you want, and post a picture on social media with #okgnOCwinterexperience and your campus. You’ll be entered in a draw to win prizes every time you post!
No registration, just the list below.
- Must be a current Okanagan College student.
- All entries must be shared to social media with #okgnOCwinterexperience and your campus name (e.g. Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, Vernon, Kelowna or Penticton)
- Entries must be posted by 4 p.m. January 15, 2021 to be entered in the prize draw
- Each experience you post from the list below will get you one draw entry. You can enter with multiple posts and get multiple draw entries.
Bragging rights and ...
Rustic Reel fire pit experience. Includes a two-hour private fire pit for four outdoors at Rustic Reel with snacks and blankets.
$40 gift card to a local VR business
Out of region:
An Amazon gift card to pick up and use when you can come to Canada!
- Post a pic wearing your favourite mask.
- Snap a pic of yourself enjoying a walk in the sunshine!
- Share a proud pet moment
- Hit a local coffee shop and take a picture with your hot beverage.
- Find a local art instalment and take a photo with it, then post.
- Find a waterfall and capture yourself next to it.
- Build a snowman (if you have snow in your area) and post a pic of you with it.
- Take a picture of yourself enjoying live music
- Snap a picture of yourself paying a kindness forward (I.e. pay for someone's coffee or donut)
- Post a pic of a famous landmark in your city.
- Take a picture on the rail trail and post.
- Run or walk to the end of the Kal Lake dock and snap a pic to post.
- Show us your favourite coffee from a local shop.
- Snag one of Ratio’s (Vernon) or Sutherlands’ (Enderby) famous donuts and take a picture of yourself enjoying it.
- Take a selfie with your purchase from one of the local shops in Vernon, Armstrong, Salmon Arm, Lumby, or Enderby! Support local!
- Run or walk a lap at the track at the Vernon Campus and post a picture.
- Take a hike in Kalamalka Provincial Park, then post a picture.
- Take a picture doing something up at Silver Star Mountain Resort or Sovereign Lake Provincial Park and post.
- Post a picture of yourself after snowshoeing to the top of Mt. Rose in Armstrong!
- Take a picture of yourself at the Gazebo or at the end of the Wharf
- Post a photo of the Beaver Lodge on Foreshore Trail
- Snap a pic of yourself in front of the College or outside the Trades Centre and post
- Visit RJ Haney Heritage Village & Museum and post a pic
- Take a picture of yourself cross country skiing at Larch Hills or snowshoeing around the area
- Post a picture at Margaret Falls
- Take a picture of yourself in front of the painted butterfly at the Innovation Center downtown, then post
- Take a photo of the big treble clef downtown
- Post a picture of the ducks at McGuire Lake
- Take a selfie with one of the animals at DeMille’s Farm and post
- Snap a pic at the local ski hill, Big White and post
- Stroll along the Kelowna boardwalk and stop for a pic, then post!
- Find Ogopogo down by the Sails and take a picture with the famed lake monster.
- Snowshoe, walk or bike along the Kettle Valley Railway and post your best selfie.
- Hike to Paul’s Tomb and take a picture at the private beach at the end. Extra draw entry if you find and post a picture with the actual tomb!
- Check into some of Kelowna’s history and tour through the historic Father Pandosy Mission on Benvoulin Rd. and send us a photo
- Run or walk a lap at the Apple Bowl and post a picture.
- Hike to the top of Knox Mountain and post a picture.
- Grab a slice of pizza from one of Kelowna’s top pizzerias – Antico, DunnEnzies, Famoso, Hansen’s Classic Pizza – and snap a selfie with it.
- Visit Kelowna’s famed Dolphins statue and take a picture with the frolicking porpoises, then post.
- Visit the giant peach and snap a photo next to it.
- Snap a selfie next to the SS Sicamous stern wheeler.
- Hike to the top of Munson Mountain and post a picture
- Snap a pic of you after a day of hitting the slopes up at Apex or Baldy ski resorts
- Visit the Penticton Art Gallery and share a picture of you next to your favorite painting
- Go down to Skaha beach on a windy day and snap a picture of you and one of the kite surfers/windsurfers in action
- There are many boats at the Marina right now – grab a picture of you next to the biggest boat you find!
- Build a snow sculpture on the beach and share a picture with us
- What is your favorite view from the KVR (Kettle Valley Railway) trails? Post a picture of it!
- What is your favorite local restaurant? Post a selfie of you about to eat there!