Virtual Holiday Hurrah
Wed, Dec 2 2020, 8am - 11:45pm
Join us for a virtual holiday celebration! Baking demos, decorating challenges, seasonal crafts, videos celebrating cultural holiday traditions, virtual photo booth and more!
Come back to this page on December 2 and view at your leisure!
Seasonal celebrations around the globe
Holiday greetings in different languages
Holiday traditions from around the world
Virtual card exchange
Design and share a virtual card for other students to celebrate the season of giving! Use a simple, free design program such as Power Point or Canva (sign up for a free account at Canva.com) to make a card and then share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll post it to this Flickr gallery for everyone to see. Prizes will be awarded for most creative, most festive and funniest.
Holiday time in the Okanagan
Feeling cooped up lately? Get out and (safely) explore the Okanagan this season! Note: due to Covid-19, event listings may change and be sure to follow all the listed protocols.
- Head up to the ski hill for Silver Star sleigh rides with hot chocolate or dinner, snowshoeing, skiing, skating on Brewer's Pond, bowling, fat biking, and more!
- Make the drive to Kamloops to check out Wildlights 2020. This festival of lights at the B.C. Wildlife Park will run December 11 – January 3, 2021 each evening. (Keep in mind this may be cancelled dependent on provincial health orders after Dec. 7, 2020.)
- Try snowshoeing or telemark skiing at Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre in the Vernon area.
- Make the drive to Big White for horse-drawn sleigh rides, fireworks every Saturday, visits with Santa’s Elves, dog sledding, and more!
- Hike or snowshoe the Myra Canyon Trestles.
- Explore frozen waterfalls at Bear Creek Provincial Park.
- Try snowshoeing or Nordic skiing at Telemark Nordic Club just 15 minutes from West Kelowna.
- Take a tour through Kelowna Cultural District and explore museums, art Galleries and cozy coffee shops.
- Just 33 kilometres west of Penticton, Apex Resort offers plenty of winter activities, including a one-kilometre skating loop.
- Ski and snowshoe 1,750 metres above sea level just 45 minutes from Penticton at Nickel Plate Nordic Centre.
- Grab some fresh air on a hike through White Lake trail, 11 kilometres south of Penticton.
Holiday baking demo
Paper garland craft
Get creative by decorating your tree or home with this traditional paper chain DIY craft.
Gingerbread person decorating contest
Grab a gingerbread cookie - homemade or store bought is fine. Create and decorate your unique gingerbread person and send a photo to email@example.com by Dec. 3 for a chance to win an awesome gift certificate.