College Essay Workshops - Revising and Proofreading
Tue, Mar 30 2021, 3:30 - 4:30pm
The Penticton Success Centre and Library are teaming up to offer a 10-part College Essay Workshop series. Learn how to write a college paper, from crafting thesis statements, research tips and tricks, citations and writing out the paper itself.
The sessions are free. Students can sign up in the Penticton Student Success Centre’s Moodle page.
Sessions run 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays:
- Jan. 26: Understanding Essay Guidelines
- Feb. 2: Research Tips and Tricks
- Feb. 9: Citing Sources (APA, MLA, and Chicago)
- Feb. 16: Constructing Thesis Statements
- Feb. 23: Building Outlines
- March 2: Writing Introductions
- March 9: Writing Body Paragraphs
- March 16: Using Direct Quotations
- March 23: Writing Conclusions
- March 30: Revising and Proofreading