Supporting Learners Throughout the Semester Online
Thu, Aug 27 2020, 3:04pm
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
Preparing for a Successful Launch, Liftoff and Flight: Supporting Learners Throughout the Semester Online
Another term is about to begin; students, instructors and faculty are excited, yet trepidatious. Online learning may be familiar to some of us, while completely new to others. What steps and approaches can help ensure that the semester begins smoothly and concludes the same way?
This workshop will be presented on the following dates:
Monday, Aug. 31, 1 - 2 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2 - 3 p.m.
- Evaluate 4 key areas of learner supports in online learning.
- Share practices for building an online class community.
- Identify technology that can assist in both communication and organization
- Discuss the evolution of supports provided over the term.
- Why building in supports fosters learner success.
- Moodle resources that assist in connection, communication, organization and engagement.
- What scaffolding is and why it is important, particularly in online learning