Engaging Your Students in the Online Classroom
Fri, Aug 28 2020, 9 - 10amThu, Sep 3 2020, 10 - 11amTue, Sep 8 2020, 2 - 3pm
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
Engaging students in the online classroom environment can mean different things to different instructors. Maybe you want to:
- ensure students are actively attending class
- implement short, formative assessments
- create an online classroom environment where students feel comfortable working collaboratively
This workshop will utilize Blackboard Collaborate to illustrate these methods, but many of the topics covered will apply to Zoom and Microsoft 365 Teams Meetings as well.
This workshop will be presented on the following dates:
Friday, Aug 28, 9 - 10 a.m.
Thursday, Sept. 3, 10 - 11 a.m.
Thursday, Sept. 8, 2 - 3 p.m.
- Discuss the value of frequent communication with students in an online course
- Identify different ways of engaging students in the online classroom environment
- Experiment with some student engagement tools
- Ideas for use of Collaborate Annotation Tools
- Screen view sharing of web-based collaboration tools (Google Docs, Miro, 365 OneNote)
- Use of Collaborate Polls, status buttons, chat, breakout groups