Introduction to Online Assessment Using Moodle
Mon, Aug 24 2020, 10 - 11amFri, Sep 4 2020, 9 - 10amFri, Sep 11 2020, 9 - 10am
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
Learn about several features for student assessment available in Moodle. Participants will examine and sample assessment tools such as:
- Moodle quizzes designed for learning that permit multiple attempts
- Moodle quizzes designed for exams that are time-restricted and use proctoring features such as Lockdown browser
- Moodle Assignments incorporating Turnitin plagiarism checking software for open-book, long answer style exams.
This workshop will be presented on the following dates:
- Friday, Sept. 4, 9 - 10 a.m.
- Friday, Sept. 11, 9 - 10 a.m.
- Examine several assessment options in Moodle and their applications to learning and teaching.
- Develop an assessment in Moodle to measure learning outcomes.
- Create a variety of Moodle Quiz questions
- Create open-ended questions for submission to Turnitin (plagiarism-checker)
- Moodle Quiz settings
- Moodle Quiz Question Design
- Assignments with Turnitin