Assessment Strategies that Illustrate Student Learning
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
This session is at the Evolving/Emerging level of workshops offered by Learning and Applied Research and Education Technology.
Are you using traditional assessment strategies such as multiple choice and short answer exams or traditional research papers in your courses? Are you interested in exploring other ways to measure student learning and success? With the movement to have students illustrate how they have synthesized their learning; this session will examine some unique ways to approach assessment strategies that differ from traditional methods.
- Discuss why assessment strategies that focus on student’s illustrating their learning supports student success
- Outline challenges of adapting to new assessment strategies
- Examine how different assessment strategies provide students with continual learning opportunities.
- Traditional assessment methods
- Other assessment methods
- Reasons for changing assessment methods
- Strategies for changing methods