Which Online Teaching Platform is Right for You: Collaborate Ultra or Zoom
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
This Learning and Applied Research workshop is at the Emerging level.
Collaborate or Zoom…that is the question?
In this session we will discuss the various features of the two Okanagan College online teaching platforms: Collaborate Ultra and Zoom.
Depending upon what you might want to do during your online class, you may find one platform is better than another. You may also see the value of using both platforms, but for different purposes. However, it is important to consider the technical abilities of your students.
- Learn about the various features of Collaborate Ultra and Zoom for online teaching.
- Determine which platform(s) you may wish to use and for what purpose.
- Setting up sessions in Moodle
- Sharing files and screen views
- Use of Polls
- Setting up breakout groups
- Student feedback
- Sharing and downloading recordings, polls and chats
- Student/participant issues