Alternate Assessments for the Online Environment
KelownaPentictonVernonSalmon ArmRevelstoke Centre
This workshop is at the Evolving level of workshops offered by Learning and Applied Research and Education Technology.
Are you concerned about the integrity of unsupervised, online exams? What about privacy issues associated with proctoring services? Did you know that students can upload an exam to a website and the answers can be crowd-sourced within minutes? In this workshop we will investigate a wide range of alternative assessment processes to supplement or replace multiple choice exams. Bring your ideas to share!
- Examine a wide range of low stakes formative assessment tools
- Discuss the pros and cons of online, open-book exams.
- Discuss the benefits of team testing.
- Investigate tools such as e-portfolios and interactive white-boards for student demonstration of learning
- Moodle Learning Quizzes, Reflection Forums
- Collaborate polls, Polleverywhere
- Designing and grading open-book exams
- Miro, Mahara, Exabis, WooClap