Obtaining course materials
Please order your Distance Education materials from the Campus Store.
Contacting your tutor:
The tutors are an integral part of the Distance Education structure. Each course is assigned a tutor who is experienced in the pertinent program area. Distance Education courses are designed for independent learning (although group work may be required in some courses). The role of the tutor is to assist you during your course and mark your assignments and exams.
After the commencement of your course, you are welcome to contact your tutor. Contact information can be found in Moodle.
Tutors receive statutory holidays and will not be available on these days. There is a one-week break during the Winter holidays.
Assignments, guidelines and course content:
Inquiries regarding assignment dates and course content should be directed to your tutor. Directions for submitting assignments will be included in Moodle.
Login and Moodle instructions
Logging into: myOkanagan account
The myOkanagan account is your passport to accessing web-based college services such as student records, course schedule, the Okanagan College wireless network and your college email account.
From a computer with access to the Internet go to our website, www.okanagan.bc.ca and click on the myOkanagan link at the top of the homepage.
Your myOkanagan ID is your Okanagan College Student ID and the initial password is your date of birth in the format mmddyyyy. You must change this password the first time you log in.
Logging into: Moodle
To access Moodle, first login to myOkanagan at: http://myokanagan.bc.ca and click the Moodle link in the top right hand corner of the page.
Logging into: myOkanagan email
Students are given a College email account. First login to myOkanagan and click on the email icon. This email account will never expire and can be used from any computer with internet access. You may forward your College email to another personal email account such as Hotmail by selecting the Options tab, then Auto Forward or you may change your email address to your preferred account by following these steps:
- Once you are on your Moodle dashboard look for your name at the top right and pull down to Profile. Then click Edit Profile. You can change your email address and upload a profile picture. Your profile picture must be in .jpg or .png format and will be cropped to a square and resized to 100 x 100 pixels.
- *Note: If you change your default email in Moodle you will be sent an email confirmation. Your default email or password will not actually change until you confirm the email.
Difficulties logging in?
Phone support available: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Summer hours (May – Aug): Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Within Kelowna: 250-762-5445, ext. 4848
Alternatively, you can go directly to https://mymoodle.okanagan.bc.ca and login with your myOkanagan username and password.
Please make sure you check for up-to-date information on:
- exam schedules (including dates, times and locations)
- where to write your Distance Education exam
- supervision of your exam if you live outside of the Okanagan College region
- acceptable reasons to change an exam date and time