Professional Industry Driver
This fully funded program is designed to include the new Mandatory Entry Level Training (MELT) for students to obtain their Class 1 Licence, essential skills training and theory. The program is comprised of a blend of classroom, practical training, work experience and a mentorship program. The goal is to improve the safety performance and professionalism of industry drivers and includes a focus on logging truck driving as well as chip trucks.
The training program is comprised of:
- 11 weeks of MELT training and occupational skills
- Four weeks of a hands-on mentorship training program
- Nine weeks of work experience
- Two weeks of follow-up support to transition into employment
Aug. 30, 2021 – Feb. 25, 2022
Participants eligible to receive training must:
- Must be on EI or have had a claim in the last five years or have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least five of the last 10 years.
- Be eligible for WorkBC Case Management and be referred by a WorkBC Case Manager
- Have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence
For information about the program:
For more information or to verify your eligibility for this program contact your local WorkBC:
Salmon Arm: 250-804-4770