Professional Industry Driver
This fully funded program is designed to include the new Mandatory Entry Level Training (MELT) for students to obtain their Class 1 Licence, essential skills training and theory. The program is comprised of a blend of classroom, practical training, work experience and a mentorship program. The goal is to improve the safety performance and professionalism of industry drivers and includes a focus on logging truck driving as well as chip trucks.
The training program is comprised of:
- 12 weeks of MELT training and occupational skills
- Four weeks of a hands-on mentorship training program
- 10 weeks of work experience
- Three weeks of follow-up support to transition into employment
Nov. 28, 2022 – Jun. 23, 2023
Participants eligible to receive training must:
- Must be an EI Eligible Client, a BCEA PWD Client, a BCEA Non-PWD Client, or have had a claim in the last five years or have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least five of the last 10 years.
- Be eligible for WorkBC Case Management and be referred by a WorkBC Case Manager
- Have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence
For information about the program:
250-762-5445 ext 4967
For more information or to verify your eligibility for this program contact your local WorkBC in Vernon at 250-545-2215