First Aid & Safety Training
Okanagan College is an approved Canadian Red Cross and WorkSafeBC Training Centre. Working with the latest equipment, our First Aid instructors are fully qualified to deliver a complete range of training.
We offer a comprehensive list of competitively priced and industry recognized first aid and safety training courses. Group rates and contract training options are available. If the course you require is not currently offered, please contact us to discuss potential options.
Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
Occupational First Aid - Level I
This eight-hour course provides training in basic first aid and includes CPR. Students will learn self-help or first help of an injured patient and how to stabilize him or her until more trained help arrives. Videotapes, lectures and practical training will cover bleeding control, artificial respiration, examining an unconscious patient and choking.
Red Cross Safety Training
- Childcare Emergency First Aid
- CPR Level C & AED
- CPR C/AED (Recertification)
- Emergency First Aid and CPR A
- Psychological First Aid – Caring for Others
- Psychological First Aid – Self-Care
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C (Recertification)
- WEFA & Standard First Aid Combo (SWEFA)
- Wilderness and Remote First Aid