Office Administration is a fast and easy step into many exciting career opportunities. Choose from entry-level programs that ladder from one certificate to another as well as to other programs within Okanagan College and other institutions. Taking an Office Administration program will be your first step towards a new career with exciting options.
Explore our programs
Office Administration career paths
Office Assistant Certificate
Discover the fundamentals of office administration to start your career as a receptionist or office assistant, or take further courses in order to specialize as an accounting, legal or medical assistant.
Administrative Assistant Certificate
Obtain the skills you need to begin your career as an administrative professional. As a graduate of this program, you will be equipped with the business, communication and technical skills required by today’s employers.
Learn accounts payable/receivable, payroll and general bookkeeping to prepare you for a career as an accounting assistant or bookkeeper for small, medium or large companies.
Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate
Litigation Specialty and/or Corporate/Conveyancing Specialty Develop the skills to start your career as a legal administrative assistant in the areas of litigation and/or corporate law. Gain expertise in legal office procedures to begin a career in a legal, government or real estate offices.
Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate
Learn the medical terminology, transcription and billing procedures required to start your career as an assistant in a medical clinic, hospital or health office.
In-class alternate delivery
In-class alternate delivery:
As our in-class programs have temporarily moved to online due to COVID-19, your program will be the same schedule, same engaging instructor led program, just moved to a virtual classroom.
- uses sophisticated class management software
- runs on a Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. schedule
- instructor led by fully qualified, experienced post-secondary instructors
- are interactive and engaging
This option is for you if you still want a classroom experience, need a set schedule, and are available for full time course study.
Once you have applied and been admitted into a program, we will register you into your courses and will send you your schedule and invoice via email or you can check your myOkanagan account (student section > My Week-at-a-Glance Schedule).
- flexible program that allows you to choose when you study and work on your course materials
- student-led and self-paced
- ability to contact your instructor for any course assistance or questions
This option is for you if you want a flexible full-time or part-time study option, are working around a current job or busy lifestyle, and want to pay-as-you learn for your courses. Please contact email@example.com to see if this is available for your program of interest.
The academic year runs from September 2021 to August 2022 and is broken down into three semesters: Fall, Winter, and Summer. Course start dates are the first Monday of every month with the exception of December and August.
- You can begin your program any time between Sept. 7, 2021 and July 4, 2022.
- Each course will still have a specified number of hours/weeks to follow and a course specific schedule for assignment/quiz due dates. For example, if you are in a 10-week course and you begin on Oct. 4, 2021, you are to be finished the course on Dec. 12, 2021. You can work ahead but not behind the course-specific schedule.
- The academic year is split into three semesters:
- Fall Semester 2021 – Sept., Oct., and Nov. 2021
- Winter Semester 2022 – Jan., Feb., and March 2022
- Summer Semester 2022 – April, May, June, and July 2022
- Each course will have a specified number of hours/weeks to follow and a course specific schedule for assignment/quiz due dates. You can work ahead but not behind the course specific schedule.
- There is a limit of 5 courses per semester you can register in. If you want to do more, you will need permission from the Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No course will be full or waitlisted. You will get into any course you want to take so you don’t have to worry about not getting in. You can use the planning document to map out your course schedule.
- As soon as you register for a course or courses you will pay for those courses. Only register for courses you are going to take in that semester.
- Once you have registered, please email email@example.com to indicate a start date (must be on a Monday) for each of the courses (complete with CRN number) you are registered in. The instructor will track your start and end dates. For example, email: CRN 32081 OADM 110 Communications I start date – October 8, 2018 for Mary Smith 300111222.
- When you are nearing completion of those courses, register for others you wish to take and email your start dates.
Office Assistant Certificate - Distance Education: Registration Guide
Administrative Assistant Certificate - Distance Education: Registration Guide
Accounting/Bookkeeping Certificate - Distance Education: Registration Guide
Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate - Distance Education: Registration Guide
Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate - Distance Education: Registration Guide
Join a virtual info session or become a student for a day.
Have your questions answered by an advisor or recruiter.
Take the next step and enrol in a program or course at OC.