Office Administration is a fast and easy step into many exciting career opportunities. Choose from entry-level programs that ladder from one certificate to another as well as to other programs within Okanagan College and other institutions. Taking an Office Administration program will be your first step towards a new career with exciting options.
Explore our programs
- uses class management software
- runs on a Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. schedule
- instructor led by fully qualified, experienced post-secondary instructors
- are interactive and engaging
This option is for you if you want a classroom experience, need a set schedule, and are available for full time course study.
Once you have applied and been admitted into a program, we will register you into your courses and will send you your schedule and invoice via email or you can check your myOkanagan account (student section > My Week-at-a-Glance Schedule).
Distance Education - Online delivery
Distance Education - Online delivery:
- flexible program that allows you to choose when you study and work on your course materials
- student-led and self-paced
- ability to contact your instructor for any course assistance or questions
This option is for you if you want a flexible full-time or part-time study option, are working around a current job or busy lifestyle, and want to pay-as-you learn for your courses. Please contact email@example.com to see if this is available for your program of interest.
For the Accounting/Bookkeeping Certificate (ABC), Administrative Assistant Certificate (ADAC), and Office Assistant Certificate (OAC), the academic year runs from September to August and is broken down into three semesters: Fall, Winter, and Summer. Course start dates are the first Monday of every month with the exception of December and August.
- You can begin your program any time between September and July.
- Each course will still have a specified number of hours/weeks to follow and a course specific schedule for assignment/quiz due dates. For example, if you are in a 10-week course and you begin in October, 2021, you are to be finished the course in December, 2021. You can work ahead but not behind the course-specific schedule.
- The academic year is split into three semesters:
- Fall Semester – Sept., Oct., and Nov.
- Winter Semester – Jan., Feb., and March
- Summer Semester – April, May, June, and July
- Each course will have a specified number of hours/weeks to follow and a course specific schedule for assignment/quiz due dates. You can work ahead but not behind the course specific schedule.
- There is a limit of 5 courses per semester you can register in. If you want to do more, you will need permission from the Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No course will be full or waitlisted. You will get into any course you want to take so you don’t have to worry about not getting in. You can use the planning document to map out your course schedule.
- As soon as you register for a course or courses you will pay for those courses. Only register for courses you are going to take in that semester.
- When you are nearing completion of those courses, register for others you wish to take and email your start dates.
Minimum passing grade per course is 70%
Join an info session or become a student for a day.
Have your questions answered by an advisor or recruiter.
Take the next step and enrol in a program or course at OC.