Charting Your Research Path
Have a conversation with your supervisor. You may wish to discuss the following questions:
- What is your proposed project? What do you hope to learn?
- How do you envision investigating your question?
- Will your project involve human participants? If so, have you examined Research Ethics Board approval process?
- How much money do you think you will need? How will it be spent?
- What type of equipment/human resources will you require?
- Are there external industry, community or academic partners?
- How will this project involve Okanagan College students? Does the experience relate to your program curriculum?
After you have had this conversation and have the support of your supervisor fill out the Applied Research Support Form and return it to our office.
Implementing Your Project
Once your project is approved and funded, the Learning and Applied Research Unit and Finance will take care of the administration of your funds so you can focus on your project. Funds from external agencies, including NSERC, SSHRC, etc., are awarded to Okanagan College and these funds are managed in accordance with the agency-approved budget and guidelines.
The Learning and Applied Research Unit will also work with you to support students being paid after you have approved and submitted their time sheets.
Contact Learning and Applied Research
Dr. Beverlie Dietze
Director, Learning and Applied Research
Tel: 250-762-5445 ext. 4528
Assistant to Director, Learning and Applied Research
Tel: 250-762-5445 ext. 4736
Research Operations Coordinator, Learning and Applied Research
Tel: 250-762-5445 ext. 4630