Band Sponsorship Information

If you are sponsored to come to school by a Band, an employer or government agency (for example the sponsorship must be from a third party – it cannot be a relative) your sponsor must provide a letter to Okanagan College. Okanagan College will use this letter to bill your sponsor.

The sponsor letter should contain the following:

  • Full legal name as you are registered at Okanagan College. If you are registered under a different name this will make it difficult for us to determine who the sponsorship is for.
  • Your student number.
  • What type of charges the sponsor is willing to pay on your behalf providing as much detail as possible. These charges could include the non-refundable tuition deposit, tuition fees, mandatory fees, student association fees, books, supplies, material fees or any other billing items.
  • The maximum allowable amount the sponsor is willing to pay per term (if there is a maximum).

The sponsor should also send a copy of the letter to you, so you have a copy on file if you need to show it to the Registrar’s office or Bookstore.

All sponsorship letters and documentation can be faxed or mailed to (regardless of the campus the sponsored student will be attending):

Okanagan College
1000 KLO Road
Kelowna, BC V1Y 4X8
Fax: 250-862-5479

All sponsorship letters should be submitted into Finance prior to the fee payment deadline. Your sponsor will then be billed at a later date.

Note: Information will not be released to your sponsor without an information release form signed by you. You can add them under the 'Consent to Release Information' on your myOkanagan student page. This section is located on the bottom right hand side of your myOkanagan main page.