Special Needs Worker CertificateChildren and adults with disabilities frequently need support to function fully in their communities. You can acquire the professional skills required to assist them by completing the Special Needs Worker certificate program offered by Okanagan College.
Graduates are qualified to work in entry-level, team-based positions to provide support to individuals with disabilities in a wide variety of settings, including homes, workplaces, and facilities providing educational, recreational, and social services.
- Health, safety, and wellness issues, including abuse and neglect;
- Interpersonal skills to solve problems and work well with others;
- Human development from birth through death;
- Professional practices, including standards of conduct and ethical dilemmas;
- Relationship development;