University Transfer / Associate Degrees

An Associate Degree comprises 2 years of undergraduate university study. Specific courses and credits are provincially approved to qualify students for degree completion. An Associate Degree enables students to transfer into the third year of an undergraduate university degree. Block transfer is also available at many universities in British Columbia. 


Cross-Cultural Studies 
Economics English 
Environmental Studies History 
Modern Language– French 
Modern Language– German
Modern Language– Spanish
Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
Political Science
Women's Studies  

For more information please visit the College Calendar

Semester Intake(s)  January,  September
Length: 2 years  


Biology Emphases
Chemistry Emphases
Computer Science Mathematics and Statistics

 For more information please visit the College Calendar

Semester Intake(s)  January,  September
(International students interested in Science are strongly encouraged to apply to the September intake to ensure better course selection)
Length: 2 years  


Admission Requirements

Students interested in the Associate of Arts Degree will have to satisfy English language requirements. Students interested in the Associate of Science will have to satisfy both English and Math requirements. For specific requirements for each program, please visit the College Calendar website.

If you are interested in University Transfer or Associate Degrees please email our International Education Advisors.

At Okanagan College, students have a wealth of educational choices. Certificates, diplomas, associate degrees and degrees are available as learning options. Students can complete a Bachelor of Computer Information Systems (BCIS) or Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), or they can complete up to two years of University Studies and transfer up to 60 course credits to any university in British Columbia.

British Columbia’s extensive and seamless transfer credit system guarantees students that they can transfer credit for equivalent learning and use that credit to fulfill credential requirements as outlined in the BC Transfer Guide.  Contact an Education Advisor for more information