Medical Insurance & Coverage
Okanagan College requires that all international students have valid medical coverage for the duration of their studies.
All international and exchange students are automatically enrolled with Guard.me insurance each semester until the student submits confirmation of other accepted coverage.
Only the following are accepted as equivalent coverage:
- BC Medical Service Plan (MSP)
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau-Sponsored Plan
Proof of MSP must include:
- a photo of front of MSP card plus one of the following:
- Letter that was issued with the MSP card, showing effective date or
- Current MSP bill showing effective coverage or
- Health Insurance BC confirmation of MSP enrollment letter or
- MSP card issued more than 3 months prior to start of semester
Students with accepted equivalent coverage can cancel Guard.me by confirming proof of coverage to www.guard.me/oc within the dates listed below:
|| MSP coverage
(must start before)
(submit MSP proof by)
|Fall Semester||September 1||September 30|
| Winter Semester
||January 1||January 31|
|Summer Semester||May 1||May 31|
After the deadlines above, you may submit your confirmation of MSP to stop auto-enrollment for the next semester. Please note that there is no partial cancellation or refund after the deadlines above.
Once you submit the confirmation of MSP, you will receive a confirmation email to your myOkanagan email.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org