Rick Appleby (retired)
Degrees, Designations, Diplomas, and Certificates:
B.Sc., B.Ed., MBA, and FICB designation
Step forward: only you and your thoughts limit what you can discover or become!
Marketing, Professional Selling, Services Marketing, Small Business Management, Retailing, Advertising & Promotion [Integrated Marketing Communications], Marketing Research, Applied Business Administration [Policy-Simulation], Customer Relationship Management, Consumer Behaviour
- Public Education: 10 years High School teacher - Biology/Chemistry
- Management: 5 years -Management/Marketing Manager - Western Region, Bank of Montreal
Expertise Areas: Marketing Research, Services Marketing
Specialty: Services Marketing
- Co Author - Top Selling Marketing Undergraduate Text Book of 2010, 2011 - MKTG.
- Chair of the Faculty Promotions Committee
- Promotions Committee–Creative Developer: Displays, Posters, Brochures, Advertisements, PR etc.
- Past Business Administration Department Chair
- Past Chair of BEAC/BECC [Business educators articulation and coordination Committees]
- BC Simulation Competition Event Coordinator 2001-2002 and 2010-2012 - Hosted by Okanagan College in Kelowna
- Initiator of OBSA -Student Scholarship foundation and annual awards
- Judge: Inter-collegiate Business Strategy Competition – San Diego
- An active researcher in the local community for the past 18+ years, conducting some 25+ projects in the past five years in marketing & business research projects for local businesses, as well as for local and regional government departments.
- Competition Coach since 1988
- BC Business Simulation
- SFU - IMC Marketing Competition
- Intercollegiate - Business Strategy Competition, San Diego/Long Beach
- Vanier - Marketing Case Competition
Associations and Board Memberships:
- Kelowna Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President-Okanagan British Car Club
Past/Present Business Experience:
Post Secondary Education: 25 years - Marketing/Management -Okanagan College and Okanagan University College, Okanagan School of Business plus various business seminars.
- Public Organizations: [25 years experience] Canadian Safeway, Goodyear of Canada, Calgary Public School Board, Bank of Montreal
- Private Company Ownership & Management: [25 years experience] Extensor Holdings Inc., Greenapple Investments Inc. R. Appleby & Associates Business and Marketing Research, Global Hydroelectric Power Inc.