Dr. Glen J. Coulthard
Degrees, Designations, Diplomas, and Certificates:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.), University of British Columbia
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Technology Leadership, George Washington University
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Learning Design & Technology, Purdue University
Okanagan College Teaching Experience:
- BUAD 116 Marketing
- BUAD 128 Computer Applications
- BUAD 200 Introduction to Digital Marketing
- BUAD 210 Introduction to Marketing Research
- BUAD 247 Training & Development
- BUAD 283 Management Information Systems
- BUAD 333 Internet Search Marketing
- BUAD 335 Electronic Commerce
- Lead author for a series of textbooks published by McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Consulting editor for online and simulation technologies with McGraw-Hill Publishing.
- Instructional designer for Pearson Learning Solutions and McGraw-Hill Online Learning.
- Technology subject matter expert and content consultant for Microsoft Corporation.
- Owner of a small business, incorporated in 1997, providing website design, e-learning development, IT consulting, and automated transcription services.
- Computer software experience with desktop, server, mobile, and cloud technologies.
- Content management, website development, and online advertising strategies.
- Instructional design and development of academic and commercial e-learning.
- Knowledge management and the protection of online information (cybersecurity).
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
- Member, Association of Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- Member, American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- Member, Society of Technical Communication (STC)
Past/Present Business Experience:
- President/Owner, Current Communications Inc. (consulting)
- Program Administrator, Okanagan University College
- Executive Director, Computer Consultants International
- Management Consultant, Price Waterhouse/Laventhol & Horwath
- President/Owner, Spectrum Communications Inc. (video production)
- Over 20 years of curriculum development and teaching experience with the Vancouver School Board, Okanagan College, BC Systems Corporation, and Seaboard Life Insurance.
- Certified instructor and coach for tennis (CTA), soccer (BC Soccer), and hockey (CMHA).
Publications and Awards:
Please see my personal website (www.coulthard.com) for a list of my most recent volunteer activities, publications, presentations, and awards.